Chapter 14

Every jounalist has a responsibility. A responsibility to change the ignorance that covers the world.

"Good evening everyone," the rodian reporter greeted, his clothes torn, burnt, and covered in dust, "Today I bring you a tale rife with tragedy, comedy, and heroism as I describe the Republic's glorious victory over the tyrannical United Nations Space Command. Much of the footage I have gathered these last few weeks has been compiled down into a single hour long showing, in which I describe the harrowing events of the last 16 days in which Republic soldiers and Terran Commandos fought for control of the town of Azure. This is Hanzii Gulak giving the first Pandora report!"

All across the galaxy people tuned into the Republic News Network, hopeful to have a glance at the fighting ability of the cowardly terrans. CIS leaders were anxious to see whether the species were worth the time, while their people were excited to see if they were just as capable of killing clones as the vast droid armies aiding them in their struggle for freedom. Even Senators and Republic citizens who would always tune the news off to save from seeing the ghastly war, were eager to see what the cameras had captured of the success of the clones against this new barbaric enemy.

The most anxious for the news however were the young and eager cadets on Tipoca City, who thirsted for the adventure of war and heroism. Since the start of the war they had watched report after report of battles across the galaxy, watching to see what tactics they could infer from their brothers out there fighting for the Republic. As casualties mounted however they had begun to lose faith and eagerness, but Pandora changed that. It brought with it a new wave of excitement; a different enemy, a different style of fighting, a different war. Even the trainers and Kaminoans were intrigued by what these barbarians were capable of, and who better to present it than Hanzii Gulak.

Hanzii Gulak was galaxy renowned for his work in front of the camera. His ability to connect people to the stories he told was legendary; the way he made people feel about the topics he discussed, the crucial details he would never miss, and his devotion to never twisting the truth for his own agenda made him a star to the watchers of the Republic News Network. His ability to manipulate and guide the watchers into absorbing the information he wanted absorbed made many believe him to have unnatural powers. Many called him a Jedi. However, his heroic status came with one small problem...

Hanzii had been shot at more times than every reporter for the Republic combined. Him always being assigned the most difficult stories was a complete understatement; his stories were the most life threatening. He had lost count of the number of close calls and near-death experiences he had had to face whilst working as a reporter. Normally he didn't mind, after the first few you become immune to the fear of death. But what always annoyed him though was how although his assignments were the most dangerous, his human colleagues' assignments were always tame and comfortable for the same popularity.

The rodian would constantly curse and swear whenever a junior reporter was removed from danger whilst he was still stuck in the middle of a muddy field hungry. At first, he thought it was because he was technically still junior, but when humans below him were promoted above him did he begin to catch on. He would try everything to return home to Coruscant; dress nicely, beg for menial jobs, or even fake injury, but no matter how hard he tried the answer was still NO! It was like the higher ups were disgusted an alien was even a reporter. They wanted him gone one way or another.