Chapter 8

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."

"All wings accounted for and ready master." Anakin chatted through his communicator in the deep void of space.

"I reckon my squadron can destroy more weapon systems than yours master." Ahsoka's voice piped through. Chuckling Anakin bit back,

"We shall see."

"Do I have to remind the two of you how serious this is?" Kenobi's voice broke through in its normal tired way.

About 150 V-19s and Y-wings were evenly spaced out in attack formations, led by the Jedi starfighter's of Anakin and Ahsoka whilst behind them were the two looming hulks of Venator cruisers. Kenobi was aboard one of them, watching as the blue dots of the attack squadrons begun to race off in search of their target, a lone UNSC frigate by the name 'Edinburgh'. It had been several days since the initial landing of terran ground troops and the Republic needed to cut off their supplies quickly, else the campaign was not going to be very long. For now, they were unsure of the exact location of the UNSC supply ships but if the frigate's location was anything of value they shouldn't be far.

 For now, they were unsure of the exact location of the UNSC supply ships but if the frigate's location was anything of value they shouldn't be far

"Relax master, without support the ship won't last long." Anakin calmly said, before switching the connection to the cruisers off. He was confident in the plan of attack and didn't need his master watching over him. The fighters were going to draw any point defence system, whilst the bombers blindside the ship with torpedoes and bombs. "Target on scope." A clone firmly stated through the line earning the attention of all involved. Just then, the red dot of the enemy ship appeared on everyone's scanners. "All fighter wings prepare for attack..." Anakin ordered, however he was duly ignored by his padawan who could be heard egging her boys on as they raced out of formation, "Let's get them boys."

"Ahsoka, wait!" The young master tried calling, watching as his padawan's burgundy starfighter raced past him.

Anakin trusted Ahsoka's judgement. She had learnt the hard way of not jumping in to quickly at Ryloth, but he was now trying to teach her how to act as a part of a larger formation. A lesson she wasn't listening to. With a sigh Anakin gave the order, "All wings begin attack."

Ahsoka was focused on her target, with R7 watching the scanners and no other ships in sight, it was easy pickings. Closing the distance to the ship she suddenly heard the scanners begin beeping loudly. Thinking it to be a small malfunction she checked them finding, 'MISSILES LOCKING' displayed across the screen and an arrow pointing across her left wing. With a confused look, she spoke through her communicator. "Anyone else being told about a missile lock across the left side?" The enemy ship was directly in front of them and nobody could be shooting at them without appearing on the scanners. "Yeah..." several clones muttered through equally confused. Looking around Ahsoka couldn't see anything of interest, so she tapped the screen changing it to 'MISSILE INCOMING'.