Chapter 13

"When you truly don't care what the fuck anyone thinks of you, you've reached a dangerous level of freedom." - Jim Carry

Ahsoka avoided a narrow miss from a blue lightsabre, her sweat making her grip on her lightsabre challenging. Retaliating, Ahsoka swung her blade at her opponent's throat in her famous reverse grip before twisting the blade round to bring it down in a large overarching slash. The togruta's opponent was forced to lean back to avoid the first attack however when she brought her blade up to counter the second her footing and position was all wrong resulting in the blue lightsabre being knocked from her grasp. Staring down at her opponent, Ahsoka hovered her blade close announcing in a smug tone, "That's 5 for me, and 3 to you Satine!"

Satine stared back at Ashoka her eyes dejected and bored whilst Daz clapped from one of the side benches. Turning the blade of Ahsoka offered her hand, which Satine readily took. Standing up, Satine dusted herself off before replying, "I still have more victories over Daz than you, besides your being trained by Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi! It's not like you have to remind me all the time of your combat prowess."

Ahsoka only chuckled, "First, Daz lets you win..."

"I do not!" Daz protested, going to stand before being painfully reminded of the bullet still stuck in his leg.

"Yes, you do and you know it!" Ahsoka answered back, forcibly pointing at the nautolan. "And second of all, Anakin is the only one to teach me lightsabre combat, Obi Wan does more of the meditation and negotiation training."

"Really?" Satine asked, intrigued the council member wasn't teaching her any of his moves.

"Yep, Anakin isn't really very good at it so he either joins in on the lesson, or is off seeing his senatorial friends." Ahsoka answered, picking up her canteen for some refreshing water. Offering the canteen to Satine, Ahsoka couldn't help but chuckle as she took note of the number of bandages covering the three of them. Since landing on Pandora, the Jedi had found injuries were much more common against the terrans than it was fighting the useless battle droids of the CIS.

"What is it?" Daz asked, perplexed at the upbeat nature of his compatriot.

"I've only just realised," Ahsoka started, "We have probably been given more injuries between us now, than we ever did have whilst we were younglings!" Satine and Daz looked between themselves, trying to find the humour in it all.

"So?" Satine asked, genuinely angry Ahsoka could find something so funny, "You trying being shot by a high-density blaster!"

"Or still have several bullets stuck in your leg." Daz screeched, pointing to the tightly wound and slightly dirty bandages wrapped over his leg.