19

Maya had locked herself in the manor. She had ran from Hogwarts. She didn't want to be around anyone. All that she could feel was dirty. Especially since Voldemort had hurt her. And she couldn't even open up to her family. Her head felt like a mess.

Narcissa walked into the room and sighed. She saw her youngest daughter sitting there going through hell. It destroyed her knowing that she hadn't been able to protect her.

Narcissa sat on the bed and pulled Maya into her arms. Maya cried into her. Narcissa felt a tear roll down her cheeks. "I've got you my precious baby. I'm sorry I let him hurt you," she told her.

Maya sobbed into her and held onto Narcissa like she would lose her. "I'm broken mummy," she sobbed.

"Shush. I've got you."

****

Mia was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Draco ran towards her. "Maya isn't here. I had a fifth year check her dorm and she isn't here."

Mia frowned. "What do you mean isn't here?"

"I mean she isn't here. Crabbe and Goyle have checked the whole of the school with some other dweebs and she isn't here," Draco said.

Mia paled. She ran up to the dorm and saw that Maya wasn't there. All of her stuff was there. But she wasn't. She ran back down to Draco. "She's left all her stuff here. So where the hell has she gone?"

"You don't think?"

Mia shook her head. "No. We don't know that. All I know is that she isn't here. I'm going to speak to Severus. See what he says," she said.

****

Narcissa walked into the study. Lucius looked at her. "And what is Maya doing here?" He asked as he looked at her.

Narcissa sighed. "She's struggling with Hogwarts. She came in the middle of the night. I don't know how she got here. But she is. And she's staying for a few days. Okay?"

Lucius nodded. He knew he had ruined Maya's life and he felt bad for it. "Cissy. I'm sorry for what I put her through. She's our own daughter. And I put her through torture."

"It isn't me you want to explain that to Lucius. It's Maya. You know how lucky we are that she survived. And since she went to Hogwarts, she's been hurt. A lot. Some of they by the twins. Some of it by you. She can only take so much," Narcissa said.

****

Maya looked up as Lucius walked in. He sat on her bed and sighed. "Maya. I'm sorry my darling. I've put you through so much and I'm sorry."

Maya said nothing as she laid back down. Lucius put his hand on her shoulder and sighed. "I hope one day you can forgive me. You are my little girl and no matter what happens in life, I will be proud to have been your father. You're so brave."

****

The whole of Hogwarts had been out looking for Maya. Mia and Draco walked over to Harry and Hermione. Hermione smiled. "They'll find her. The professors here are the best at what they do," she told them.

"Not if she doesn't want to be found. She's a Malfoy. We have endless places we can run to."

Mia sighed. "This is Maya. Where's the one place that she feels safe?"

"With mother."

****

Lucius was sitting in his study when Severus walked in. He sighed. "Severus."

"The dark lord has contacted me. He either wants you to hand over Maya to him for marriage. Or he will kill your twins," he said.

Lucius paled. But could he sacrifice his youngest daughter to save the twins?