25

Maya knew how things were. And she knew it wasn't easy. She knew that she was trying her best to keep her relationship with Harry going. And to keep it hidden from her family.

She knew that she loved her family. But she knew that they were opposites from Harry. And all that had happened in their family hadn't helped. She knew that things weren't easy.

Maya sat at the black lake with Harry. Harry looked to her and smiled. "Are you okay?"

"All of this is a mess. I hate it. I want for things to be okay, you know? I want us to make it work. But it scares me," she said.

Harry looked to her and smiled. "I know. I know it's hard. But with you it feels normal. With you it all feels normal. And I want to make it all work out. I know it's not easy. I know how you are scared. But we will work on this together. We will get through this together," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

She rested her head on his shoulder and smiled. She knew how hard it was. She knew it was a mess. She knew that she had no idea what to do. She had no idea how they were going to make it work.

Maya knew that she wanted to make sure that everything would work out. But she had no clue how she would make through all of it.

Especially as she knew how she couldn't risk her family hating her.

****

Maya walked into the common room she looked to see Mia who looked to her. "Where have you been?" Mia asked.

Maya looked to her. "I needed to get some air. I thought that you'd be screwing Snape," she said as she shrugged.

Mia looked to her and rolled her eyes. "I'm not in the mood to deal with it. With him. He's always going hot and cold on me. And I hate it." she told her.

Maya looked to her and smiled. "He is a jerk. And you deserve better. You're my sister and we have been through a lot. And you know the risk if the truth comes out. I'm here for you. No matter what."

Mia looked to her little sister. "When did our lives become so complicated?" She asked.

Maya looked to her and smiled. "It's what we get for being Malfoy's," she said.

****

Maya walked down the hallway. She frowned as she heard a noise. She frowned as she felt paranoid that someone was following her. She glanced around and shook her head.

She walked into the great hall. She sat at the table as Draco looked to her and frowned. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Maya looked to him and nodded. "I don't know. My head is a mess. I feel paranoid that someone is following me," she told him.

Draco looked to her and smiled. "It's okay. There's nothing for you to worry about," he said as Maya smiled.

Maya had no idea just how everything would change in her life.