21

Maya sat in the room of the requirement. She hated how she was hiding out here. How trapped that she felt. She looked as the door opened. Severus walked in with Mia.

Maya looked to her sister. She frowned. "You told him?" She asked. Feeling hurt that Mia had told.

Mia looked to her and sighed. "I didn't. He entered my mind," she said as she glared at Severus.

Maya smiled to her sister. She looked to Severus. "What do you want professor?" She spat.

Severus looked to her. "I am trying to help you. Believe it or not. I know that the dark lord is looking for you. But it's not just you in danger. Your father has a decision to make and it's not just you. It's your brother and your sister. You might not think a lot of me. But I do care for your sister. I will speak to Dumbledore. I will do what I have to do I can keep you safe. And your sister," he said as he looked to Mia.

Maya looked to the two of them and sighed. "She trusts you. So I do. Just don't let her down," Maya said as Severus walked off.

Maya looked to Mia who smiled. She took her little sister's hand. "It will be okay. I promise," she said as Maya smiled. She wasn't so sure.

****

Maya say by the black lake. She smiled as she saw Harry. He walked over to her and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Maya looked to him and smiled. "I've been better. But as long as I am here, I am safe. I just need to stay here," she told him.

Harry took a hold of her hand. She smiled as he looked to her. "I know it's not easy. I know the feeling. But I want you to know I am here for you. I missed you," he said.

Maya looked to him and smiled. "I missed you too. I am glad you are here. I really am. I like you Harry. I know that none of it is easy. I know that we are in the middle of a war. But i can't explain it. With you, it feels so different," she said as Harry smiled.

Harry brushed away a strand of hair from her face. He smiled as he caressed her cheek. "I get it," he said as they held a look for a moment before he leant in and kissed her.

Maya wrapped her arms around his neck and ran her hands through his hair as she kissed him back. She knew everything was complicated. But she knew how normal it felt with Harry Potter.

****

Maya sat in the common room. She looked to see Draco as he walked in. She looked to him: "I'm glad that you're okay," he said.

Maya looked to him and smiled. "Thanks. I know that you're probably on fathers side in this. But I'm your sister. Your little sister. The one who always wanted you to tuck me in," she mumbled.

Draco shock his head. "No. I'm not. Father has scarified us all for himself. Mother is talking about leaving him. I have to become a death eater. He has decided he's not going to kill you. But he is using you to give him an heir and Mia? The dark lord wants to make her his slave. I think he knows about Snape. It's a mess. But we will get through it somehow," he told her as Maya sighed.

Knowing it wasn't going to be easy at all.