24

Maya got back to the manor. She felt anxious about the fact that she had been called there. She was scared. And she hated how messy that things seemed.

She was scared that someone had found out about her and Harry. She knew the danger. How he was meant to be the enemy. But Maya Malfoy had found herself falling in love with Harry Potter. And that scared her.

She looked to the twins and frowned. "What's going on?" She asked Maya glanced around.

She looked to see Narcissa as she walked into the room. "Mother what's going on?" Draco asked.

Narcissa marched them all into a room. She looked to her children. "There is no easy way to say this. But I need you all to be prepared. Your father had been arrested. And your aunt Bellatrix is here. And she's come up with the idea of staying around. That means the dark lord will be here a lot. I need you all to be prepared. To be ready for this. I know it's not going to be easy. Your father thinks he may try and recruit you. So be prepared," Narcissa told her.

The two Malfoy sisters held a look. Draco looked pale at the thought. "Is there nothing you can do to stop it mother?" Mia asked.

Narcissa sighed. "I've tried. It's out of my hand. All I can do now is try and protect my children," she said as Maya looked to her and frowned.

She saw how worried Narcissa was. She didn't blame her. She knew how much that her mother was trying to keep them safe.

****

Maya got back to Hogwarts as she and Mia walked into the common room. Draco had vanished as soon as they got back.

Maya sat down and sat with her head in her hands. "Are you okay" Mia asked as she looked to her little sister.

Maya sighed. "I'm okay. I guess, I just don't know what to think," she told her as she shrugged.

Mia smiled. "Yeah me too. We're in more danger than we thought. I think it's best to stay away until Summer. Are you sure that you're okay? I am your sister. And you know I am here for you," she said.

Maya sighed. "It's just a lot to take in. I need some air," she said as she stood up and walked out of the common room.

Her head was a mess. And she felt as if she couldn't breathe.

****

Maya sat by the black lake. She looked to see Harry. He smiled as he sat next to her.  "Hey. Are you okay?" Harry asked.

"Ask me something easier," she said as she threw a rock into the lake.

Harry smiled. "I heard that you went back to the Manor. I wanted to see if you were okay."

Maya sighed and shook her head. "No I am far from okay.  The dark lord is going to be staying at our manor. And I'm scared for me, my sister and my brother. This isn't going to end well," she said as a tear rolled down her face.

Harry pulled her close as she cried. He knew he wanted to keep her safe.

But could he really protect Maya from all that came from being a Malfoy?