Mermen and Magnolias

February 14 1995, Great Hall

"So Dupont what are you and my dear brother doing today?" George asked as I sat next to him in the Great Hall, waiting for Fred to arrive. 

"Hogsmeade, what are you doing Georgie?" I asked

"Taking Pacifica for a butterbeer and then," He started, looking around to make sure no one is listening, pulling out a small box. 

"George," I said as he opened the box, revealing a set of earrings.

"Do you think she will like them?" He asked

"I think she will love them," I said, admiring the set of earrings.

"And if you tap them a message plays, I had McGonagall help me bewitch them." He said, holding the box up to my ears and pressing the earring down. 

I love you, Pacifica, I always have and I always will

"George that is so romantic," I said

"What did you get for Fred?" He asked

"Well, I'm not sure how he'll feel but I got him a ring," I said, pulling out a similarly shaped box

The ring was silver with golden lettering on the inside, engraved it said "âme soeur"

"It says soulmate in French, you know like that day in the snow, and anytime I press my ring it sends a little jolt of energy through his. To show I'm thinking about him." I said, smiling down at the ring I've worn since I was 10.

"Did you bewitch it?" George asked

"I bought the ring a while ago knowing I wanted to get him some jewelry, he's always talking about my rings, so I bought it for his birthday originally. Then, that day in the snow I knew I wanted to engrave it and bewitch it so with some extra library time and some light reading on charms, it was easier than I thought." I said

"That is amazing Bella, well I know you will love his present, and I'm sure he will love yours. Speaking of love, Pacifica is walking this way so I better go. Freddie should be down any minute. Oh, by the way, you look amazing today Bella." George said. I was wearing my favorite outfit, my leather jacket was thrown on top to fight the cold. 

"Thanks, George, you too. Tell Pacifica I said hello" I said, taking a sip of my tea.

After a few minutes, two hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who" A deep voice said

"Lee?" I said, joking. 

"Wow Dupont, of all days to pull such a mean joke with me," Fred said, removing his hands from my face.

"Good Morning and Happy Valentine's day, my love." I said, standing and grabbing Fred's hand. 

"Happy Valentine's day to you too, Darling. You ready to go?" He asked

"Always," I said, bringing my other hand to the pocket of my jacket, fiddling with the small box. We walked out of the castle, ignoring Filch as he scolded us for holding hands. 

"Where to first, Dupont?" Fred asked

"Butterbeer? or Zonkos?" I asked

"I say Zonkos, and I am guessing you would like to go to Zonkos first as well." He said squeezing my hand

"You know me too well Freddie," I said, giggling. 

We shopped around Zonkos for about 30 minutes, until we checked out. Our pockets filled to the brim with new products and our mouths filled with joke candies, our faces shifting as the strange tastes hurt our tongues. We walked to The Three Broomsticks, ordering 2 butterbeers.