Christmas

I woke up Christmas morning to Fred and George shaking me to wake me up.

"What do you two idiots want?" I said. They started singing random noises and got on one of the abandoned beds next to mine.

"It's Christmas Bella!!" George said and Fred kept singing. 

They pulled me out of bed and threw a shirt at me. I was only in my sports bra and I didn't realize I was only wearing sweats. I didn't really care so I threw the shirt on and groggily followed them to the common room. 

There was a pile of presents separated for all the Gryffindor's who stayed. One for Fred, George, Ron, Harry, and I. Harrys was by far the biggest pile and then mine. Fred opened the present I bought him which was a set of personalized fireworks which when he set them off would spell out Weasley, Fred, and Wicked. I got George the same thing but instead of wicked had them say Weasley, George, and P + G. He was so excited about the P+G one he ran out of the common room to show Pacifica.

I got Harry and Ron Candies from Honeydukes since Harry wasn't allowed to go.  Fred shoved two presents in my face.

"Ones from me and ones from our mum." He said.

 I opened his first to find he also got me personalized fireworks, mine said Arabella, Dupont, and showed a quidditch chaser scoring a goal. When I opened the one from his mum he, Ron, Harry, and I all opened at the same time as to not ruin the surprise. They were matching sweaters with our initials on it. We all threw them on and admired the wool sweaters.

"I hate maroon." Ron said. Mine was dark green, how did she know that was my favorite color? I hugged Fred and opened my presents from my dad and mum. They each got me a present, our tradition is to guess which one is from which. One of the presents was a quidditch repair kit for my broom. The other was a box full of fireworks, candy, and a few books. I was always pretty good at this game, the quidditch kit was from mum and the books from dad.

Mum primarily cares about quidditch and dad will always buy me some sort of prank item, candy, and a book. The books this year were very interesting ones though. Jobs in the Magic World for adventurers and rebels, Crazy Quidditch Stories, and a notebook that would send messages to the person who has another one. Sort of like what muggles call email but as a journal. Dad always liked to try out new magic things. The only thing written in there was "Merry Christmas -Dad"

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly. Fred and I used up most of the fireworks my dad gave me and half of the ones we got each other. Harry told us all about how the muggles celebrate the new year. We found it all quite odd but decided to celebrate how the muggles do for fun. We made some cheesy banners and decorations. Fred and George snuck some fire whiskey from the kitchen and brought it up to the common room.

"Pour me some of that my man!!" Ron said to the twins with a tall glass in his hands.

"Very funny little brother. We may only be 5th years but you are far too young for that" They said back to him. The twins poured themselves, Pacifica, and I each small glasses of the fire whiskey. We sat around talking, playing chess, and telling stories until midnight. At around 11:00 Ron and Harry fell asleep on the couches and all of us were about 3 drinks in. Surprisingly the twins got very drunk very fast so they stopped at 3. Pacifica and I (despite weighing significantly less than the twins) stopped at 4. We didn't want to be drunk just in case a professor or someone came in.

The twins were fairly tipsy by the time midnight hit and George and Pacifica went back up to Georges dorm. Ron and Harry were dead asleep when Fred checked his watch.

It read 11:50.

"10 minutes" Fred said in a calm voice. "Listen ummm... Arabella. It might be because I'm very close to drunk or something else but you look so stunning right now." Fred said. I blushed.