First Year in the Job

(AN- hey yall, dont know much for half blood prince so this will be very jumpy, and most likely go from the very start of the year to the end. Not much goes on where Arabella could really be apart of it but dw im gonna start updating TONS more after HBP gets done. During this year, i wasnt planning on having any big events happen- giving our girl a break for a bit lolz. hopefully doesnt dissapoint!) 

Getting on the Hogwarts Express a day early was incredibly strange, seeing it empty other than a few teachers returning late. The trolly wasnt running and the train was practically silent. The train was to say the least, eerie. Thunder and lightning boomed from outside my window. Pulling out the daily prophet from my luggage, the headline was chilling.

"Bridge collapses death toll rises" and below it in a sub-column "Harry Potter, the chosen one?"

The train coming to a screeching halt, myself and the few other teachers hopped off. Climbing into a carriage for the ride over.

The carriages stopped at the gates, leaving the five of us to get off. McGonagall waited by the entrance for us, pointing everyone in their respective directions until i emerged last.

"Welcome back Bella, We missed you the last month last year. Glad to see you healthy hmm?" She said

"Very glad indeed professor. I cant wait to get started." I said

"Well Im quite excited as well. One more thing though," she said, stopping

"Yes professor?" I asked

"Congratulations on your quidditch recruitment this summer. I always knew you would get somewhere amazing" she said

"Couldn't have done it without you professor" I said, smiling. She led me down a corridor to another small hallway. Three doors spread throughout the hall, very close together, yet giving the impression of large rooms.

"This here is your room, where you'll be staying for this year." McGonagall explained, using her wand to unlock the door to a bland room, bland yet incredibly large for one person.

"Thank you Professor." I said

"Please Arabella, call me either Minerva, McGonagall, or if you would like Minnie. Only my friends get to use that one though." She said with a slight smile. Looking at me with a look of pity, replacing the old look of excitement.

"Dear, please sit for a moment. I just wanted to say sorry, I taught your father as well as his friends and can I just say that he was quite possibly one of the best students I ever had. You are far more talented but he was the kindest, most incredible man I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm always here if you ever need anything. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me." McGonagall said, tears prickling at her eyes.

"Thank you McGonagall, I appreciate more than you could ever imagine." I said, my eyes tearing up.

"I understand more than you could ever imagine my darling, I have experienced many losses, friends, family, and surprisingly students being the worst." She said

"I'm sorry-" I started

"Don't be, many died for the things they loved, alike your father. You must remember Ara, to always love, no matter the consequences." She said, before nodding and exiting the room.

NOVEMBER 9TH- 

"Arabella, we need you in the hospital wing, now." McGonagall said, rushing to my room and rushing out. Following her and running to catch up, I soon found out what was going on. 

"What happened to her?" I asked, seeing Katie Bell, my 6th year friend laying on the cot. 

"Some sort of curse, we need you to keep an eye on her while we discuss possible causes and anything serious." Poppy said