Christmas

With Christmas fast approaching owls were soaring in with letters of Christmas plans and presents. The Gryffindor table in a flurry of snow-white and light brown owls with sealed envelopes in their beaks. An envelope was dropped by my plate, a dark blue seal stamped with the Dupont family seal, a not as well-known crest, at the moment.

Dearest Arabella

If you wish to come visit during the holidays I will meet you at the platform tomorrow morning with your stuff to take you back to our summer home. I miss you so so much, the Weasleys will also be here (I would understand if you wouldn't want to join us back at GP with the Fred drama, Molly told me.)

Please consider both options and send an owl back. Your godfather would also like to speak with you.

Love, Dad

I read the letter twice through, smiling a bit at the offer. Quickly grabbing a piece of parchment and quill I wrote back, explaining that I would be joining them after all. As the owls started to dwindle in numbers one more letter was dropped to me.

Arabella,

Im glad to hear you broke it off with the traitor. Also, glad to see you using your proper name, proper heritage. We will speak after the new year, maybe sooner if the occasion arises.

Sweet dreams, miss you

Mother.

My heart began to race, how soon was sooner? I quickly placed the letter with the letter from my dad and began to pack.

----------

"Merry Christmas Bells!" Dad said, scooping me up in his arms and swinging me around the train station.

"Merry Christmas Dad!" I squeaked as he set me down.

"I missed you so much kid! There is a lot of news and we need to get back to headquarters but first, where are the Weasley children?" He asked

"Harry was in my compartment along with Ron and Hermione, but they left my side a bit ago. Ginny and the twins were together so they shouldn't belong either." I said, looking around. Waving to the family of gingers standing across the platform, Harry and Ron grabbed everyone and started walking towards us.

"Hello Wealseys, Harry, Hermione. Ill be driving you all back to er- the house. Lets go!" My dad shouted at the group, leading us to his car.

"Sir, how will we fit in your car?" Harry asked

"Well just as you would any other car silly!" My dad said, cheerier than usual.

As we got into the car it expanded, seats sprouting from where the trunk used to be. We all climbed in, the trinity in the back, the twins and ginny in the second row, and my dad and I in the front.

As we approached Grimmauld place we all climbed out of the car and watched as my dad parked it. We stepped inside the safe house, the halls quiet as usual. The same eerie feeling of the house hung in the air and we slowly walked in.

We all walked to the kitchen where everyone was getting food and getting settled, Sirius' seat empty.

"Where's Sirius?" I asked, looking around.

"He should be in the old drawing room Ara, you can go get him." Remus said with a smile.

I walked off to the drawing room, approaching the quiet room to Sirius admiring another portion of the family tree.

"Sirius?" I asked

"Arabella! I am so excited to talk with you. Have you been in contact with your mother?" He asked