Hogsmeade

December 5th

When I went down to the great hall this morning for breakfast I was surprised to see not many people sitting by the tables and loads crowding around a sheet of paper.

I walked over to the twins and said, "What's with the paper?" They turned around at the same time to face the announcement.

"Its saying how tomorrow is the first Hogsmeade trip, it also says you need to tell the professor of your house if your staying for the holidays." Fred said.

I turned to face the announcement and saw loads of kids running back to the tables to discuss the first trip of the season.

"I guess Hogsmeade is a big deal huh?" I said to the twins.

"Very big deal" Fred said.

"I plan on asking Pacifica to go with me. You better get someone to go with Freddie." George said very unsubtly hinting at me.

Pacifica, the Ravenclaw and George had been going out now for a few weeks. Ever since their first studying session they've been together almost as much as the twins. Pacifica was sitting with all her friends when George went to go ask. He sat next to her and looked to be making some witty comments because she was practically on the floor laughing.

"Always been the ladies man," Fred said, "Speaking of Hogsmeade, would you want to come with me?" 

 "Sure, ill go." I said. We both smiled.

"We can go over to Zonko's, get more fireworks. Maybe set them off in potions next class and blame them on George," We both cracked up and George came back with a huge smile on his face.

The owls dropped in and gave us all our mail. I didn't have much other than a letter from mum and dad. Fred and George had a howler each, only god knows what for. They dunked it in their tea before they went off and though it was still fairly loud, you couldn't tell what it was saying. The howlers both started smoking and then exploding in the tea but neither of them cared.

They clinked their cups took a sip and then pointed to my letter, "open it Dupont!" they said. I tore open the letter with our family crest in green wax keeping it shut.

                          " our dearest Arabella,

Your father and I miss you dearly but we regret to inform you, we wont be having you home for the holidays. We will send gifts in a few shorts days but please remember to stay out of trouble. Your father and I have been getting letters from Dumbledore about your performance as well as from McGonagall. Dumbledore likes you too much to inform us about all the detentions, McGonagall thought better. Please do be better.

                                                Sincerely,

                                                           mum and dad"

In the envelope there was another small piece of parchment with messy handwriting scrawled on it.

" I'm not mad about the detentions, your mum wanted to bring you home but i told her about the fun your having. Reminded her your happiness is more important than school. Do try to limit it a little bit, your mum already doesn't like us enough. -Dad"

"She'll get used to it after a bit!" George said

 "Our mum did!" Fred added.

We all 3 looked down at the steaming howlers and laughed. I dont care if my mum is mad, dad would never let me leave another school. Especially not for a dumb finishing school for wayward girls. For one part im not wayward, im creative. And two, Dads right. My happiness is at an all time high at the moment. I haven't felt like this since I was young enough to still ride a beginners broom.