Memories

It had been a week since Fred and I started dating and I couldn't be happier. I may not be the new chaser for the cannons or have perfect marks like Percy but I have Fred again. I didn't realize how much I liked him until I lost him. We sat together at breakfast and a letter got dropped down from my dad. 

                    Dear A,

              I am very proud of you for bringing your marks up by the amount you did, even if it means the cannons wont take you. Your mother of course was very surprised when a letter came home with 5 out of 7 perfect marks. She's obviously still upset about the other 2 but I persuaded her to look on the bright side. Your mother drives me nuts sometimes, I swear to merlin. I also heard about the letter from Fred. I like that kid.  Her report to me this week was very positive. Quite possibly the best report ever. She told me all about Fred's letter and how you two should remain friends. I'm guessing you two are a thing now. Just a gut feeling, you get emotional about people doing nice things for you and I just know you probably went right up and kissed him after. Be safe with your feelings darling. As long as you are happy, as am I.

 With love,

                          Dad

Fred read the letter over my shoulder and was smiling at my dads reaction.

"Well now that I know for a fact that your dad likes me, there's something I wanted to give you along with a small question." Fred said pulling out a small red box.

"Freddie, you didn't have to." I said while secretly being very excited about the random present. I opened the box to reveal a small chain necklace. There were 3 firework shaped star charms on the necklace. Two were red and one was yellow.

"It er- it reminded me of the day we met. I noticed your hair first thing and how badass it looked with the blonde and obviously we met when you stole fireworks from Gambol. I thought it could be like a cute little friend- boyfriend girlfriend necklace present thing" He said stuttering through his words.

"I love it Freddie" I said admiring the necklace. 

George walked over and sat down with Pacifica. 

"I heard you two are dating! Congrats!" Pacifica said, smiling. 

"Thank you! I definitely got the cuter twin though." I said joking with her. 

"You really think im the cuter twin?" He asked looking down at me. 

"Don't flatter yourself, you're identical." I said.             

The end of year feast was the best one yet. George, Fred, and I sat and ate since Pacifica had to sit with Ravenclaw. He was head over heels for her.

"Did you know that she's read every book in her home library three times? Bloody brilliant." George said, smiling at the Ravenclaw table.

"Makes sense as to why she's in Ravenclaw then. I always thought someone so nice would be in Hufflepuff." I said

"Nice? Merlin she is anything but." George said

"What do you mean?" I said

"I mean shes polite of course but when were alone, bloody hell, she hates everyone but you two. I guess she beat a girl up in the Ravenclaw common room for saying bad things about our family." George said

The rest of the dinner went by smoothly. 

"Hey you want to see something cool?" Fred asked. I nodded and we headed upstairs.

 "So this is a secret passageway up to the roof. I go up here a lot when I cant sleep" He said guiding the way up a dark ladder and to a trapdoor. He pushed it open and helped me up. We sat for a moment not speaking, my head resting on his shoulder.

"You remember New Years?" He said sitting up. I nodded and thought about that very...strange night.

"Well I was hoping you were going to make a move on me. I know its silly" He said looking down. I grabbed his hand and kissed the back of it.

"Its not silly at all. I was hoping the same thing." We sat for a moment more before Fred spoke again.

"When did you realize you had feelings for me?" He asked. I thought upon the times where I would pretend I didn't have feelings.

"I think I always knew but didn't want to admit it.  Most definitely either when we made Amortentia or our first study session. I remember reading your Amortentia test answers and realizing how similar we are."

 "I think I had feelings since we met but didn't put two and two together. I remember telling George, ' Look at that witch, she is brilliant isn't she' and George said something about the amount of books in your hand. Then we tried to prank you and you were the first person to tell us apart, and then you shoplifted and that was even more impressive." He said laughing. I remembered the day we met and a small tear formed in my eyes.

"Wow, you really like me." I said

"Of course I do. I always have and always will. What d 'you think you'll do after Hogwarts?" Fred asked.

"Obviously I want to play quidditch but if I dont do that I guess I would love to be a Professor or some sort of shopkeeper. How about you?" I asked

"Really a professor? I can't see that. Why?" Fred asked

"I guess I would want to be the fun professor that the kids really enjoy, let them break rules and have fun you know? Sort of like Lupin, but maybe Potions." I said.

" I see. I want to start a joke shop with George. No one really knows, so dont go spilling our secrets." Fred said

"I would never. That sounds amazing though." I said to Fred.

"And then we could spend every day together, maybe live in a small flat together or have homes next to each other." He said.

"I would want to travel a lot, see the world." I said

"Where do you want to go?" Fred asked.

"I think I would want to see America. I've heard Ilvermony has beautiful grounds, maybe go back to France for a bit." I said, laying on Fred's chest. 

"I would love to see France. What's it like?" Fred asked.

"Beautiful, Beauxbatons is just part but the campus is incredible. The flowers are all a light pink and the whole building is a soft blue color. Nothing compared to Hogwarts though." I said

"You seemed to really like it there." Fred said.

"Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the look and the feeling associated but it wasn't where I was meant to be. I'm meant to be here."  I said

"Do you believe in destiny?" Fred asked after a period of silence. I thought for a moment. 

" Like everything happens for a reason? In a sense." I said

The stars were beautiful from the roof of Hogwarts. Every inch of the sky illuminated with white light. My eyes started to slowly close.

"We should go to sleep Freddie, I'm tired." I said, looking up. 

"Okay love, lets go." Fred said, reaching for my hand and propping open the trapdoor.