The Sorting

"Bye Fleur, I will miss you" I said on my last day of my year at Beaubaxtons Academy.

It was my last year there and even though i loved it, it was time for a change. The truth is I had a few run ins with one particular professor there and was advised to transfer to Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Honestly, I wasn't the best student there. I was voted Class clown and Most disruptive for the 2 years i was there. I had some of the best marks though for causing the most chaos. I was also a member of the Quidditch team and won most of their games as a chaser.

My best experience there was when I set my herbology teachers hair on fire. it wasn't a real fire of course but just the illusion of it. I had about 5 weeks of detention and the teacher almost quit out of embarrassment. If I was that teacher I would've been dying of laughter, I guess she just didn't have the best sense of humor. Most people told me i was expelled but they merely advised me to leave, they never forced me.

The thing that ended my Beaubaxtons experience was a bit over the top but if i was gonna leave, i was gonna go out with a bang. The bang in my case, was what sent me to Hogwarts so i guess i have to thank myself for upgrading.

I was pretty nervous for my first day but I've heard very good things about the school. I had enough time to worry about making friends and getting lost though, I had all summer to figure my new year out. This summer so far has been pretty boring. I was grounded for most of it so that probably didnt help but sooner or later i would get sweet, sweet freedom.

I have a week left until I depart for Hogwarts. Today in fact my dad was taking me to Diagon Alley to get all my school supplies. Out of both my parents, dad was the most understanding. he was quite the troublemaker before he met my mom, he's where I learned most of my skills. He gave the general pep talk in the car about behaving myself, he gives it to me before we go anywhere new. Even if its just a quick shopping trip for school supplies.

"Now Arabella, I will be in the Leaky Cauldron while you get your books, robes, and cauldron. If i hear even as much as a scream from someone outside we are attached at the hip for the rest of the trip. Understood? I will apparate to your exact location and stand by you the whole time. No funny business." He said. I nodded and gave him the all clear.

My mom put a tracker in one of my robes for when i go out with them so they know where i am. It's a little childish in my opinion, but I'd rather just go along with it for the summer and be ungrounded by the time i get to go to Hogwarts then have to wear it at Hogwarts too. I wear the robe pretty much every day, so by the third day i found the tracker. They weren't slick sewing it into the lower most button. I took the robe off as it was the middle of summer and put it in my bag. They cant tell if I'm wearing it, and dad doesn't mind as long as its on me.

I checked my book list again and went into the book store next to me, the sign read in big black letters FLOURISH AND BLOTTS. I walked in as the room was filled to the brim with witches and wizards.

I had learned some appearance alternating spells over the summer and since I wasn't enrolled in a school at the time i could try them out without getting in any trouble. I ended up only using one of them and keeping it which was the hair dye and cut spell. Since Im not a skilled wizard or Metamorphagus the spell needed a photo, I used a photo of Narcissa Malfoy- a woman they interviewed in the daily prophet.

She had all black hair but underneath was bleached. I tried it out since it was the only good hair style i could find in the old books and scrapbooks my parents had. I actually enjoyed it, it made me feel powerful and somewhat mean. I am a little worried now that I'm enrolled in Hogwarts, i wont be able to switch it back for a while. I could always use basic muggle dye but that's too much work.