Old Books and Campfires

Fred spent that night and most of the next day in the infirmary so he wasn't at breakfast. I sat down immediately next to Angelina and Katie to tell them about last night. We had all three grown fairly close over the last few weeks.

They knew all about Fred and I's friendship and I knew all about Katie's huge crush on Cedric Diggory.

"I dont know guys. We got all close and then just stopped" I told them.

They both sighed at the same time and Katie chimed in with "So you like him?" I hesitated and thought. Did I like Fred? or were we just close friends.

"I dont know. I mean yea I like him as friends." Katie and Angelina scoffed.

"Bella, we see the way you look at him." Katie said.

"And the way you ran to him after the bludger. We see the way you two play fight, and talk about pranks. We all know you guys like each other and you just need to tell him."

 "Guys, what if he doesn't like me. I mean that would ruin our whole friendship. Especially when I dont know what im feeling." I said.

 "What do you feel like when you're with him? Happy?" Katie said.

 "I dont know, happy. Like alive. Its like that feeling when you're flying and you score a point of barely dodge a bludger." I said.

 "Go on." She said with a huge smile on her face.

"I guess that's it. Alive, Happy, like for once in my life everything's falling into place."

A familiar voice from behind me said " What's falling into place?" I spun around to see Fred with a bandage around his head and arm.

"Fred, umm how are you feeling?" He sat down and told us all about his time in the infirmary. He told us everything, well everything other than our moment.

After breakfast Fred, George, Katie, and I were all walking to class when Katie pulled me aside and said, "tell him tonight, ill see if George knows anything about who he likes." I nodded knowing I wouldn't actually do it.

Katie peeled off to go to her class and I caught up with the twins for potions.

"What was Ms. Bell talking to you about?" Fred asked

 "Girl talk? oooo tell us!!" George added on. 

I laughed at Georges high pitched squeal and said, "Quidditch actually, she found a play we should try in an old book but I said it would never work with Wood." 

"Good Morning class. Today we are making Amortentia. You all passed the test on the second try so we can continue on." Snape said as he shot me a glance from across the class.

Fred looked at me and nodded. Snape walked around as we all made our potions and took the opportunity to make me seem stupid.

"Those bits are too finely chopped."

 "Oh well in your instructions you said to chop them as finely as you could, but then again, the teachers always right." I said looking to the sour man. Fred chuckled as Snape took 5 points each from us.

We finally finished the potions when Snape instructed us to smell them. After we smelled them he had us go one-by-one and share to the class.

 "Just be ready to lie. I'm ready with mine." Fred said leaning over to me. The class shared turns taking whiffs of the potion and sharing out loud.

" freshly cut grass and cologne"

" cakes and the ocean"

"perfume with flowers"