Wicked

That night I went to sleep smiling, knowing that I made the team not just because I was good at Beauxbatons but because I was actually good.

The next morning when I woke up I threw on my sweater, skirt, and robes and went downstairs. When I entered the great hall the quidditch team was all sitting together and Fred pushed George over so I could sit in between the two of them.

"So, Bella, can I call you Bella?  We wanted to tell you how excited we are to have you on the team. We cant wait to get you all settled in and helping us win some games," Angelina, the other chaser, said.

"You can call me whatever you'd like, Angelina right? I cant wait either, its been so long since I've been playing with and against players who are either at my level or are even better than me. I just hope I can keep up with you guys." I said with a soft sigh.

"Are you kidding? You're practically flying circles around all of us and its only tryouts." Angelina said. Angelina and Katie are my roommates too, we haven't talked about much other than quidditch. 

I was glad that they didn't completely hate me for being good. The girls back at Beauxbatons were very competitive for top spot on those quidditch scales.

The team all finished eating and talking after half an hour.

"So thoughts on the team?" Fred asked.

 I smiled and told him how amazing everyone is. We had just about every class together, Fred, George, and I. We had a double session of charms, transfiguration, and herbology this morning. All of charms we took notes, after a while my hand started cramping and Angelina complained to Flitwick.

"Alright witches and wizards, only about half a page more and we can get to the fun part." When Flitwick turned back around Fred threw a piece of paper in between Angelina and I to get our attention. 

We turned and saw he had bewitched his quill to write for him. Him and George dont let many in on their biggest secret, but its pretty obvious if you catch them at the right times. They are both incredibly smart.

In transfiguration George had figured out how to transfigure into a cat, he made it look exactly like McGonagall. She ended up transfiguring back to McGonagall just to take away 10 points from Gryffindor. 

We ended up having an hour in between classes and our first quidditch practice so I went to the library for some homework. Of course Fred and George were in there giggling to themselves next to the restricted section.

Fred and I made eye contact at one point and he smiled. I could tell they were up to something and I'd really rather not get in trouble but it was tempting. Fred motioned me over to him and George and told me their plan. 

"Okay so, were gonna go into the restricted section put a firework in this book Percy is supposed to check out tonight and when he pulls it out the firework will go off and sound the alarms."

I chuckled at the thought of seeing Percy get screamed at by a ton of books. I could get behind upsetting Percy a bit after he docked 10 points from Fred and I for flying to close to school grounds.

"Bloody hell, what are you waiting for?" I said as we all laughed. Fred looked at me and smiled when I realized what I was doing.

"I need to go. See you at practice tonight." I said gloomily and walked out. What was I doing? Setting off fireworks in bookshelves sounded like a blast, but I just couldn't get sent home. I liked it too much here to get kicked out. I couldn't disappoint my dad like that.

I got into my quidditch robes and tied my hair up before heading down to practice. I grabbed my broomstick and walked out into the common room. The common room was practically empty except for Percy Weasley. His face was covered in ash and he was holding a torn book.