Ch. 1.3 - Bubbles (Fluff)

--Now where were we? Oh, yeah. Freaky space magic alien, Roni, had just hooked me up with some super sweet digs...--

Harley gasps as she walks into the large, pristine bedroom. It had bright white bedding and chrome furniture. Easily the same quality as a 5 star hotel. A huge level up from her dingy studio apartment back in Gotham, and definitely better than any of the weird abandoned lairs that the Joker used to call home.

Finn awkwardly stands by the door, "So this is the guest suite. Bathroom is through there. I searched a bag we found in the cruiser and brought it up for you." He gestures to the bag on her bed.

He continues, "They're still inspecting some of the other items. The remote on the bed controls the holopad. We have most channels from over 150 planets. I think you'll find the directory for Earth stations on channel 69000."
--69? Nice!--

Harley looks at Finn in shock. "I knew there had to be life on other planets...Beaver owes me 50 bucks." Finn chuckles.

Harley inspects her surroundings, "Are all the rooms in this joint as nice as this?"

Finn laughs embarrassed, "Oh no, the soldiers quarters are much smaller. Group showers...no holopads or windows. General Hux keeps things pretty tight down there."

--PHRASING--

Finn continues, "He says it creates a sense of togetherness...or something. All of the visitors quarters are about like this, except for the leader's rooms. Obviously those are much bigger."

Harley eyes him, "uhh-huh."

Finn looks around the room. His eyes light up, "Ooo! Let me show you something cool!" Finn grabs the remote off the bed and rushes over to the massive white wall on the other side of the bed. He pushes a button and the white wall transforms into a massive window, revealing the expanse of space in front of them. Objects twinkle and dance in the distance.

Harley approaches the window in awe, "Wow, I thought you couldn't see stars in space."

Finn explains, "Well, you can see some suns if they're close enough. There's only one sun in this sub-sector of the Milky Way." She looks closer and notices some of the "stars" are actually moving. Finn continues, "Those lights are planets, comets, lost satellites, tourist vessels, etc."

Harley looks out at the expanse. This space mumbo jumbo is confusing and vast. Much bigger than her world of running Gotham's crime circuit. She queries, "And these guys run all this space stuff? This 'Empire'?"

Finn explains, "More or less. There's a current insurrection where The Resistance is trying to bring back the old democracy. We've had one before, but it wasn't really working. Things are much better with a Supreme Leader. And his excellence, Snoke, is just the best."

Harley catches some resentment in his voice as he looks out the window. She mutters to herelf, "What in the North Korea is going on up here?"

He clears his throat. "Well, Miss Quinn, let me know if you need anything. Kylo has assigned me and FH6- well...he's assigned me to watch over you."

Harley smiles, "You can just call me Harley."

There was something unexpectedly warm about Finn...for a dude in a white lobster outfit. He seemed a bit out of place in all this. She knew the feeling.

Harley changes the subject, "Well, feel free to come by and sneak some holopad time...or window time. Sounds pretty drab down there in the barracks." Finn laughs shyly.

She continues quickly before he can decline the offer, "Now where's this bathtub Roni seems to think I'll drown in?" Harley asks, moving towards the door Finn gestured at earlier.

Kylo + Quinn: Book 1: Trauma Bound - Chapter 1: The Last Harlequinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें