Ch. 1.13 - Teacher's Pet

In a lecture room connected to the training room, Harley sits in a chair, feet crossed up on the table, doodling in a notebook. Empty seats all around her.

Hux rambles on about the history of The Empire and the Rebellion in the background, pointing to a holo-board at the front of the room. Diagrams of her ship, The Challenger, behind him along with a stick figure of Poe with arrows that say "Rebel Scum" pointing to him.

Harley doodles in her Lisa Frank pocket notebook with a frilly rainbow gel pen. Hux interrupts her doodling with a sneer, "Are you even paying attention?" 

She snaps back at him, "It helps me FOCUS!" Hux snatches the notebook and flips through her notes.

There are some legitimate notes scribbled on a couple pages, like "wayfinder = map" with a rough sketch of the diamond shaped device under it and "Poe = Resistance = BAD". Hux squints at some notes he doesn't understand, "Empire = US", "entire galaxy = Vietnam", and a bunch of "Nazis" scribbled around the political notes with question marks. He turns the notebook, struggling to read since she scrawled over all of it in big, bold, scratchy letters, "I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR YOUR DRAMA CLUB."

Hux flips to her current project on the most recent page. A doodle of Kylo Ren being smashed upside the head by a futuristically armored Harley with a massive metal war-hammer. Kylo's doodle is being held up by the puppet strings of a nasty caricature of Snoke. Underneath the picture, she wrote, "No, no, no don't you choke. Daddy chimed in 'Go for the throat.'"

Hux smirks at the depiction of Kylo, then his eyes slide over to her doodle of Hux with hearts for eyes, sliding down a rainbow towards Kylo. Written in his dialogue box is, "I'll save you bb!!!" Hux rips out the paper and crumples it up.

Hux tosses the notebook back to her, "Pay attention."

Harley retaliates with an exact reiteration of what space politics he was blah-blahing about. After reciting the info she snaps, "Look, can we just get into how to find this thing? I don't really care about your little space war. As far as I'm concerned, both sides will want me dead at any given point so...just tell me how to find this thing so I can get out of here."

Hux eyes her, then continues the lesson, "The Rebels believe in the old ways of the republic, enforced by Jedi..."

Harley rolls her eyes as he continues teaching her about all the space bullshit. She starts writing a new line:
Poe Dameron
♦️Prized Pilot
♦️Self-important
♦️Self-righteous
♦️Narcissist? (Strikethrough)
♦️Over-confident (circled)
♦️Cocky
♦️Mommy issues?
♦️ARIES 🔥🔥🔥
♦️Risk taker 🥳
♦️FLIRT 💖💜💙
❤Loyal AF🖤

Hux continues to go on with his history lesson, "The last remaining Jedi is believed to be Luke Skywalker. Kylo Ren is rumored to have killed his uncle when he was still his pupil, but Supreme Leader Snoke has expressed his doubts. Luke's remains were never found."

Harley's eyes dart up to watch Hux. She ponders, biting her pen and removing a safety pin from her shorts. She pulls her leg up into her so she can easily look up at Hux while he discusses this part of the lecture. She starts stabbing her leg, altering her "PUDDIN'" stick and poke tattoo on the top of her thigh by adding "cups" on the end.

Hux continue, "The existence of the Jedi gives The Resistance hope that the old ways of The Republic can be restored. If Skywalker lives, the rebels will become more of a threat to the Empire. Snoke believes the Wayfinder will lead us to one of the uncharted planets he's been hiding on."

Finn appears at the door and salutes Hux, "General Hux, pardon the interruption." Harley looks up.

Hux nods to Finn, "What is it, FN-2187?" Harley rolls her eyes at the name.