Ch. 1.10 - Strike One

Kylo and Harley stand together in a brightly lit elevator, bringing them up to Snoke's room.

Kylo stands, eyes forward, focused. Harley fidgets, uncomfortable with the stillness. She had some faith in their plan, but had never faced this creature before. The power he seemed to have over Kylo made her anxious. Eyes remaining forward, Kylo touches her nervously twitching hand to still it.

She looks up to him for last minute advice, for anything. He looks down at her, eyes filling with an impending doom as they get closer to Snoke. He remembers, "You know how we said we'd stay out of each other's heads?" Harley recalls and nods obviously, like it hasn't changed, "Yeah."

His mouth tightens in concern. Her eyes widen at his threateningly. She warns,"Roni, if you fuck with my head again, I'll rip your fucking face apart." He swallows, trying to push down his fears in what he's capable of, what he could be forced to do, and more parts of himself he can lose in the process. Harley narrows her eyebrows at his telling microexpressions.

He breaks the gaze to lean in and press his lips against her scrunched forehead. "Clear your mind," his voice advises in her head. Easier said than done, but some thoughts melt away at his touch.

He collects himself and turns her to face the doors just before they open. The questions in her mind start to creep back in. She exhales sharply trying to clear them before exiting.

-----

The doors slide open to an expansive bright red throne room. The grotesque humanoid, Snoke, sits atop his metal high chair, arm extended towards Finn. Snoke growls, "You really thought you could hide this from the Empire? From me?" Finn cries out in pain.

Harley hears her friend's cries and races out the elevator doors. She slides in front of Finn, intercepting the invisible force, "WAIT! He didn't know!" Hux looks to her in disbelief, "He didn't know? How could he not know?" Finn starts to collapse a bit, lightheaded from the halted force. Harley catches him under the arm with her shoulder, helping him steady his footing.

Holding his head, still reeling from the pain, Finn cries, "I didn't know!" Snoke glowers at Kylo, "He didn't know?" Kylo coolly comes to a stop next to Harley and Finn. He bows his head to Snoke and states sternly, "He didn't know."

Snoke sizes up Harley who has turned to face Snoke, standing in the way of Finn, eyes alight with anger. Snoke laughs, "She does have a fiery spirit! I can see how you've managed to keep my apprentice...distracted."

Harley gags, "Mind your own damn business, you freaky lookin' creep!" Kylo shoots her a look of warning. Snoke's mouth drops, no longer amused by her, "Such spunk." He growls, "My apprentice is my business."

Snoke looks to Hux, "General Hux." Hux straightens to receive his orders. "You are now in charge of this mission. You will be overseeing Ren, his knights, and the girl."

Kylo clenches his fist, a stern anger rising in his voice despite speaking to his authority, "My knights don't answer to him." Snoke growls, "But now you do." Hux smirks at Kylo. Kylo shoots him a dirty look.

Snoke shakes his head at Kylo in disgust, "Fornicating with a fugitive." His eyes dart back to Hux, "Make sure none of this gets out." Hux bows and shoots another smug look at Kylo before escorting Finn away. Harley catches the look and says quietly teasing, "Jealous?" Hux scowls and pushes Finn forward to keep walking. Harley looks back at Finn and mouths, "Sorry, kid." Finn looks back at her, worried for her, as he's pushed away.

Snoke leans back in his chair and addresses Kylo, "There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?" Kylo drops his head, "Yes." Harley sticks out her tongue like there's a bad taste in her mouth, before composing and turning back to face Snoke. Snoke chastises, "And here you are wasting your time on a girl."