Ch. 1.9 - Put on the Red Light

----*If y'all aren't following along the Spotify playlist I made to this series while you read, you might be missing out on some quality lols and vibes "Ch. 1 The Last Harlequin WP Soundtrack"* Doesn't this section start with a moody version of Robyn's "Dancing On My Own"? *Yes...for soon to be obvious lolsy reasons.*----

Water rushes out of the overflowing bathtub and down the hallway. Kylo and Harley had passed out. Kylo still held her close to him, resting her just out of reach of the water's surface as it cascades over the edge.
--We're going to have some mean pruneage going on. *Yeah, instead of going on a first date, y'all just become dates.* Laaaaamee--

A pair of black boots shift in the puddle with an impatient little stamp. Kylo wakes up and looks up to see General Hux standing over them, looking both perturbed and incredibly pleased with himself.

Kylo quickly jumps up and dunks Harley's head underwater in a way that seems aggressive. Harley thrashes at the rude awakening. Her yells drowned out by the water now surrounding her, "What the fuck!?" She hears Kylo's voice in her head, "Hux found us. Improvise." Harley grabs his wrist to indicate she processed and he pulls her head up.

Kylo yells at her, "You think you can steal my clothes from the training room and not get caught?" Harley gasps for breath and scrunches her eyebrows at Kylo. Water drips down her face as she responds in her head, "That's what you're going with?" Harley spits at him and plays along, "It was just a prank, bro!" Kylo starts to dunk her head again, his eyes dart up to see if Hux is buying it.

Hux looks down his nose at them, unamused, "You can cut the act. I've been standing here for the last 30 minutes." He holds out two towels for them. Kylo releases her neck and snatches a towel from Hux. Harley falls into the water with a splash. Hux scoffs as water sprays onto his tall riding boots. Harley rises to her feet, watching Hux with disgust, "30 minutes? You really are as creepy as you look." Hux throws the remaining towel in her face.

Kylo finishes wrapping the towel around his waist over his briefs and raises his hand sharply towards Hux's head, ready to jedi mindtrick him. Hux shoes his hand away, too pleased with himself, "The Supreme Leader would like to speak with you." He turns to Harley who is paying more attention to adjusting her towel than Hux. Hux orders, "Both of you." Kylo's face drops. Harley snaps her head up and looks at Kylo.

Hux swivels on his heel and briskly walks away, before they can get a word in. He splashes past Finn who's standing in the outer doorway, completely shocked by the scene. Hux pauses and points to Finn, "You. Come with me." Finn follows.

Kylo helps Harley out of the tub. She searches his eyes, wondering what the hell this meant for them. His brow twitches between concern and anger. He doesn't have an answer. The sound of the water still running grows louder in the stillness of the moment.

Kylo breaks away from their gaze and smashes off the faucet, breaking it in the process. Harley sidesteps out of the way of his tantrum and watches as Kylo throws the handle at the massive vanity mirror. The reinforced glass cracks into fragments but remains on the wall.

Harley folds her arms and shakes her head, "Jesus, Roni. Just tell him you needed to get laid." Kylo clenches his fist, "He'll kill you." Harley scoffs, "Seriously? He that jealous?" He cuts her off, "NO. He'll know-" He stops himself, overwhelmed by the thought and punches through the glass shower next to him. It shatters and cuts into his hand.

Harley rolls her eyes and sits on the edge of the tub, waiting for him to cool it. He raises his hand and watches the blood drip down it. Harley jests,"You're going to lose that thing, if you're not careful." --Just like gramps!--