Truth

Day 13: (MCD)

Zane's PoV:

I look up as the door swings open. A man with a green scarf wrapped around his face walks into the prison.

"Hello Malachi," Kyle says, glancing at the newcomer.

I examine Malachi. He looks a little older than Kyle; he has brown hair and bright green eyes. He looks familiar but I can't place my finger on it.

"Hey Kyle," Malachi responds. "I just came to inform you that someone appeared at the gates with some tree people."

Kyle gives Malachi a strange look, "Is there a new code we have to use around the prisoners?"

"I'm serious," Malachi says. "Dante and I are going to investigate, she says she knows my mo-- I mean Lady Aphmau."

Kyle shrugs, "Alright, be careful."

Malachi glances around the prison before leaving. His eyes go wide when he looks at me. "You really look like him."

"Yeah, all of you have made that very clear," I mutter.

Malachi hesitates before leaving. He looks like he wants to say something, but he merely sighs. He lightly shakes his head before leaving.

"That was a little rude," Kyle remarks after Malachi leaves.

"Do you blame me?" I ask sarcastically.

"What do you mean?" Kyle asks.

"Nevermind," I sigh. I honestly can't tell if Kyle is serious or if he's just messing with me.

I glance out of the prison window and see a tower fade into existence. "Umm... Kyle... did that tower appear out of thin air?"

Kyle raises an eyebrow at me, "Is there a new code prisoners have to use around the guards?"

I look at him unamused and point at the window. Kyle looks out of the window and smiles, "Looks like Lucinda's here."

*10 Min later*

Lucinda opens the door and walks in. I instantly stand up and greet her.

"Hi Lucinda," I say.

Lucinda freezes and stares at me. Her eyes flicker for a second with fear and anger. She shakes her head and pinches the bridge of her nose before looking at me again.

"Wow, you really do look like him," Lucinda mutters. Kyle laughs and I scowl.

"So I've been told," I say sarcastically.

Lucinda frowns, "Sorry you're probably told that a lot."

I make a dismissive gesture, "No, it's fine. I'm just a little tired of everyone reminding me."

Lucinda smiles, "Well you're already more pleasant than our Zane. I'll go grab the ingredients for a truth potion."

"You don't have one?" Kyle asks.

"No, but I've had one brewing since Aphmau told me about Zane," Lucinda says. "I just have to add a couple more ingredients."

Lucinda disappears out of thin air. She reappears a few moments later with an owl at her side. She's carrying a small cauldron with a bubbling black liquid that looks like tar. The owl next to her is carrying a bag.

She sets the cauldron on the table and extends her hand toward the owl. It places the bag in her hand. Lucinda smiles, "Thank you, Bigglesworth."

I stare at the owl in confusion. Lucinda notices me and asks, "What's wrong?"