I Love Her and She Hates Me

Day 7:

Levin's PoV:

"Here's your tea," Zoey says, handing me a small cup. We are in the treehouse Mom made for me and Malachi when we were younger. I sigh as I take the cup from Zoey. I rub my temple with my free hand. I'm starting to get a headache from thinking about all that has happened in the past two weeks.

First Malachi, Zoey, and I got kidnapped then we were sold to some bandits. A few days later Mom comes to save us, and when we get back we have Zane Ro'meave from another universe in our custody. Not to mention the Tu'la region took over O'khasis.

"What did you want to talk about Levin," Zoey asks. I look up, I forgot she is here. My mind is in such a jumble I forgot why I wanted to talk to her.

"I... guess I just need some guidance," I admit. I find it hard to ask for help, but I'm lost right now.

"Is this about Zane?" Zoey asks, I nod. I feel like I lost a lot of my authority when Zane's arrival was announced. I'm upset that Mom didn't even ask for my opinion before she told everyone. I agree with the notion, but that doesn't change the fact she didn't talk to me about it.

"Zane hasn't been anything but trouble for us, and he hasn't even been out of the jail," I complain.

"What did you expect Lord Levin," Zoey says. I throw my hands up.

"I didn't expect to lose my authority," I shout. "Logan demands that we kill Zane, and is ignoring all of us."

"I agree that his endless complaints about Zane being alive are getting annoying," Zoey admits. "But he was hurt by Zane, and you know how erm... passionate he can be about his opinion towards others."

I bite my lip. I know Zoey is right, but I still want to vent more. I shrug before continuing.

"Fine, but Alexis is ignoring me as well. She refuses to guard the jail no matter how much I ask her," I say.

"It's understandable Alexis still has the memories of when Zane cursed her," Zoey says, folding her arms. "Alexis has had a fear of Zane implanted in her sense she was a baby."

"I know," I groan. "But she's still ignoring me. Honestly, what should I do about Zane, Zoey?"

"Nothing, let Aphmau take care of Zane," Zoey replies calmly.

"What!" I shout. "I am the Lord of Pheonix Drop Zane should be-"

"Really, you aren't acting like a lord right now," Zoey interrupts. Her eyes narrow before she continues. "Your people are scared and confused about Zane, while you sit here and complain about things you can't control. The point is you don't know that much about Zane compared to your mom, so you should just leave the responsibility in her hands. Your people lost their leader, and now that you're back you need to show them that you are unfazed and ready to lead them. Hate Zane if you want; we all have the right to. But don't blame all of your problems on him."

Zoey gets up and storms off. I sit there and her words sting but they're true.

"She's right you know," a voice behind me says. I turn around seeing Chad jotting notes down.

"How long have you been there," I ask.

"Since the beginning of it," he says proudly. "I can be quiet if I want to, you know."

*****

Zane's PoV:

It's been about three days since I talked to Aphmau. Dante told me yesterday that she was going to get Lucinda. She'll be able to tell if I'm lying or not. I'm actually eager for Lucinda to come. After she confirms what I'm saying, she can help me get home.