One Way Ticket

Zane's POV:

I feel my phone buzz in my hand. I open my groggy eyes; I fell asleep while texting Nana. It looks like I got a group text... from Lucinda what in the name of Irene does she want at three in the morning?

Lucinda: Help if anyone sees this come to my study now!!!

I am extremely tempted to just turn off my phone and go back to sleep. But she would see that I read the text. I get up and went to put on my shoes. I'm just about to walk out of my room when I look down. I'm still in my chibi Aphmau pajamas. I quickly changed into black skinny jeans and threw on my black and gray striped hoodie. I finally get out of my house and run towards Lucinda's garage, while pulling up my mask to cover my freckles.

I hope someone else came here before me so I can just go home. I open the door and immediately feel the sense of urgency as I see Lucinda running around with a giant purple ball of light in the middle of the room. I notice that Uwu is next to the ball with his pincers illuminating.

"Zane thank Irene," Lucinda shouts. " I need your help."

"I could tell by the text. Is anyone else here?" I ask.

"No, but you're all I need for now. I need a mixture of tanzanite, quartz, and purple glowstone dust," Lucinda says, placing a small cauldron on the table. "The ingredients are labeled, but fill the cauldron halfway with water first."

I run to the cauldron and pick up a couple of bottles of water draining them into the cauldron. I fill the cauldron to what seems to be halfway and start looking through her shelves trying to find the ingredients that she listed.

"Ingredients are on the bottom shelf next to the cat potions," Lucinda says, as she struggling to flip the pages of Michael's book.

I find the ingredients listing them off out loud as I grab them, "Tanzanite, quartz, glowstone dust."

"No, Zane purple glowstone dust." She corrects me emphasizing the purple.

"All right," I say as I quickly moved back to the cauldron.

"You need to add three and a half cups of the glowstone dust first," Lucinda says.

"You mean PURPLE glowstone dust," I tease while grabbing a measuring cup.

"Hurry!" Lucinda prompts. Good thing I bake a lot with Aph and Nana so I know how to measure ingredients relatively quickly.

"Done," I shout.

"Good, now you need to add two pounds of quartz," Lucinda replies.

I look around seeing a food scale and drop a few pieces on the scale until it reads thirty-two ounces. I grab the pieces of quartz and dump them into the cauldron.

"What's next?" I ask.

"I need you to grind up twenty-four ounces of tanzanite," Lucinda says, passing me a mortar and pestle. "Hurry, this thing could blow up Mystreet."

That sure motivates me to work faster. I drop a fair-sized piece of the purple rock on the scale I used for the quartz. Dang, it's thirty ounces, I look around me and see a knife. I quickly grab it to cut a fragment off. As par for the course of my luck, the knife slips and cuts my finger.

"Ow," I mutter as I looked at my finger. I was bleeding, but I can't worry about it right now. I quickly replace the tanzanite on the scale. Perfect twenty-four ounces. I put it into the mortar and start mashing it up into a dark purple powder. Some of my blood gets into the mixture, but that won't matter... I hope. I quickly dump it into the cauldron and start mixing all the ingredients.

"Mix it until it reaches the consistency of paint Zane," Lucinda shouts as she picked up a notebook and started drawing.

"Done," I shout after a few minutes. The cauldron looked like it was full of pastel purple paint.

"Good, try to make this design under the purple ball," Lucinda says; passing me a hastily drawn design. It kinda looks like the symbols on the realm breaker. I hastily duck under the ball of energy and start to redraw the design.

"Yes, I found it," Lucinda shouts, and immediately starts celebrating like I do when a new season of My Little Horsies comes out.

"Hey, we got a neighborhood to save if I remember correctly," I shout at her.

"Right, hurry and finish the symbol Zane," Lucinda says, snapping out of her early celebration as she runs to grab her wand.

"Done," I shout, crawling out from under the ball of light.

"Great, now stand back you two," Lucinda shouts pointing her wand as it started emitting white light.

Uwu and I begin to back up to the wall as the design under the ball starts to glow. I hear a loud rumble as the ground shakes a little. The ball suddenly turns white and started shrinking. Lucinda collapses and lets out a long sigh of relief.

"Thanks, you two we're all safe," Lucinda says utterly exhausted. I smile and walk over to help her up.

Suddenly the symbol turns blood red and the ball changes black. I step back as the ball starts approaching me.

"Oh no, ZANE RUN!" Lucinda screams.

I can't move. I can't run. I can't even scream. The black ball of energy engulfs me as I feel a burning sensation and immense pressure. The world starts spinning and Lucinda's screams are drowned out.

It felt like hours until I finally slam into the ground. I open my eyes to find a white arch in the middle of a forest. I don't know where I am but I know I'm far away from Mystreet.