Meanwhile on Mystreet

Lucinda's POV:

I just stare where Zane was standing a few moments ago. My mouth is hanging open in shock and fear. I remained in that trance for probably an hour. Uwu starts to nudge me, trying to get me up and start fixing this. I don't even know if I can, for all I know Zane is probably dead. I start to tear up at the thought, I killed Zane.

"How will I tell Garroth and Kawaii~Chan," I whisper to myself. I start to shake uncontrollably. It feels like it's always one tragedy after another. Almost everyone had just barely recovered from the starlight incident. My silent tears change into sobbing at the loss of the emo.

"Lucinda get a hold of yourself," Uwu shouts in my mind. My cries are suddenly cut off as I look at my familiar. Uwu's pincer glows a bit as he uses magic to wipe away my tears. "We don't know that Zane is dead, he might just be gone."

"I- you're right Uwu we need to try and find Zane," I say. I jump to my feet and run to Michael's book, my heart now full of determination. I start looking through the pages trying to find out what happened to Zane.

I feel the warm rays of dawn start to creep up my arm. I'm starting to get pissed off that I can't understand half of the things in this book. Ever since I was turned into a relic I lost almost all knowledge of witchcraft. I had to start from the beginning tapping into magicks again. It's like I'm barely an apprentice now. I hear the door being smashed into pieces, I only know one person that has to make an entrance this dramatic. I look up seeing Garroth standing in the doorway of my study.

"Lucinda, I'm sorry I'm late is there anything I can do to help," Garroth says. I look down, I don't think I can look Garroth in the eyes right now.

"No Garroth there's nothing you can do," I say, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Are you sure," Garroth asks. I can't hide the truth from him, he's Zane's brother after all.

"Actually, can you get Kawaii~Chan?," I reply.

"Huh- umm ok sure I can do that," Garroth says after a moment.

"Thanks, come back with her. I need to tell both of you something," I reply.

"Will do Lucinda," Garroth says smiling at me.

"We're here," Garroth shouts as he walks in with Kawaii~Chan close behind him.

"Garroth-Kun told Kawaii~Chan you need to see her. What's wrong Lucinda-Chan," Kawaii~Chan asks as she enters the room. I took a deep breath trying to ease my heart rate as I tried to find an explanation for the events from last night.

"Well last night I was experimenting with a couple of spells from Michael's book," I began. "I was thinking that there could be a spell in there that could speed up the learning process for my magicks. I found something and I tried it out, but it didn't go according to plan. I tried to contain it," I started to break out into tears. "Zane came here to help, but he was swallowed by some strange magicks. Zane is gone and I'm not sure if I can bring him back."

Garroth and Kawaii~Chan were speechless as they continued to stare at me. Garroth licks his lips nervously as he opens and closes his mouth a few times. "Are you saying that Zane is dead," Garroth finally manages to croak out.

"I honestly don't know at this point Garroth," I say as tears stream out of my eyes. Kawaii~Chan suddenly falls to the ground and starts sobbing. Garroth lets out a scream in frustration as he punches a wall; his wolf ears and tail suddenly appear.

"Seriously again, this is starting to feel like a Biennial tradition," Garroth screams.

"Lucinda please I can't lose Zane," Kawaii~Chan sobs. I look at her a little surprised she didn't speak in third person or call me Lucinda-Chan. I shrug it off for now.

"There's a chance he could be alive," I say. The two of them suddenly go quiet as they look at me with hope. "When I was studying Michael's book last night I think that most of the energy that got Zane was interdimensional. It could be a possibility that he is stuck in between realms,"

Garroth looks up "If that's the case then Ghost probably knows a couple of things on the subject."

"I was thinking the same thing: if I get her help then we might be able to get him back," I reply.

"I'll go grab her," Garroth shouts as he runs out of my study."

"Wait Garroth. I think we need to keep this on the down-low. If anyone else finds out about this we might start a panic," I shout after him. I sigh as I pick up Michael's book and start reading again. I notice Kawaii~Chan hasn't left so I turn to face her.

"Lucinda-Chan, Kawaii~Chan is scared what if we can't get Zane-Kun back," she whispers, shuddering at the thought. "Kawaii~Chan thought that everything bad was over with starlight. We all are recovering and Zane-Kun started to remember our names only a month ago. Aphmau Senpai and Travis-Kun are about to come home in a week."

"Don't worry Kawaii~Chan I promise you I will do everything in my power to bring Zane back. We just have to say that Zane went on a business trip, and if all goes well we will have him back in a few days," I say trying to comfort the crying Meif'wa. Kawaii~Chan looks at me skeptically as if she thinks I'm not telling her everything. I wasn't lying, but that was the best-case scenario.

"Kawaii~Chan trusts Lucinda~Chan," she says after a bit.

"There's nothing to worry about KC, it's not like Zane is in another dimension where he's evil and we all want to kill him," I say, Kawaii~Chan giggles a little bit at my last remark.

"Yeah there's no way that would happen," she says as she starts to smile a little.

Sorry if this is a little sloppy, I couldn't find a lot of inspiration while writing this Chapter.