Zane's Diary Autumn Months

Day 18: (Mystreet)

Nana's PoV:

I gently shut my bedroom door before locking it. I collapse on my bed and sigh. I softly close my eyes as I'm finally able to drop my, Kawaii~Chan, act.

I run my fingertips across the rough worn-out cloth of Zane's jacket.

***

I storm out of the Knight Club and into the snow, not bothering to look behind me. The frigid air scrapes against my bare skin, but I'm too pissed to go back and get my coat. Especially if it meant I had to see him again.

I trudge to the bus stop and sit on the cold metal bench. I curled up into a ball trying to retain the last bits of my body heat as the bitter December wind began to pick up.

"Four?" I look up and see my boyfriend looking at me, his eyes full of concern.

I look around, making sure nobody's around us before wearily smiling at him. "Hi, Zane."

"You must be freezing, Four!" Zane shouts. He quickly pulls his jacket off and wraps it around me.

"Thank you," I mutter as Zane sits next to me.

"Is that any better, Four?" Zane asks, putting his arms around me.

"Yeah," I sigh as my cheeks warm up at the romantic act. "What about you?"

"I'll manage," Zane shrugs.

I smile softly before giving him a questioning look, "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question," Zane smiles.

"Touché" I grin before looking into his icy blue eyes. "Seriously though, I thought you wanted to be alone today. You know because today's the day when you and Aphmau became friends."

"I got bored of brooding," Zane grimaces. "Thinking about Six just made me feel even more empty, I guess. I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to see you, even if it meant coming to Sixteen's party."

"Aww, that's sweet, Zane," I gush.

Zane lets go of me before pulling down his mask and blowing into his hands. I grab his hands and lightly kiss his fingertips.

Zane looks away, trying to hide his rapidly reddening features. "How about you? Why aren't you at Sixteen's Christmas party?"

I scowl, "Dante's a jerk."

"What happened?" Zane asks.

"What do you think?" I huff. "I swear if he honestly thinks that I'm going to cheat on you he has another thing coming."

Zane growls, "I'm gonna kill him."

I shake my head, "My naive facade only makes it worse. Kawaii~Chan is too much of an airhead to tell him to screw off."

Zane hesitates, "Does that mean you're ready to tell them about the real you, Four?"

"No! Not yet!" I say hurriedly, shaking my head.

"It's okay Four," Zane coos, wrapping his arms around me, again. "We can wait until you're ready. There's no rush."

"Thank Irene for that," I mumble.

Zane smiles before he gently pulls me closer. I put my head on his chest as he slowly starts playing with my hair.

***

I open my eyes before pulling Zane's jacket tighter around me.

Where are you, Zane?

I hesitate before gingerly reaching under my bed and grabbing Zane's diary. I know it's an invasion of his privacy, but I need to feel closer to him. I open his diary to where I left off and start reading.