Chapter 9

Dream POV

"B-brother?" I can't believe it. I was too late; I didn't make it!

"Hello, Dream," His voice sounded venomous. "It's rude to pop in right after I've transformed. It only reminds me of the first time I did."

"So, so I'm late yet again." I broke down on my knees, head in my head.

"You will always be late Dream, no matter what." His words struck me like one of my arrows.

"But" I started.

"WHAT," I flinched back in shame and fear.

"W-what if I was never late again?" I said looking up and drying my eyes with my gloves.

"Explain," he's confused. Maybe this'll work! Maybe I can stay by my brother's side forever!

I look up hopefully, "What if I ate an apple too! What if I ate the rest of the apples!" He looked at me in horror.

"W-hat, WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT!" He yelled angrily. "DON'T BE AN IDIOT!"

I flinched back. "But then I won't have to leave your side!"

"You wouldn't be able to handle the apples power!" Something in my head snaped.

"OH YEAH?!" I stood up and marched over to him. "THEN WATCH ME!" I teleported over to the tree and used magic to pull a box from out of the ground. I quickly opened the box and took a bite out of one of the biggest apples. My god it HURT, but I can't go through less pain than my brother! I kept gobbling down apples as the pain kept going down my throat, but soon it was coming back up my throat.

I could feel some one patting my back as I kept throwing up the painful black liquid. "B-brother?"

"I told you dream; your body can't handle this much pressure. Don't try and hold it back. If you let it flow it'll hurt less and go quicker." He reassured me like back in our childhood. Just the thought made me start to cry. Although the goop had already covered over my left eye and no there was more tears overflowing from my right. "Also don't ever get allergies or the sniffles. The one eye makes it hell to cry."

I couldn't contain my giggle at the comment, receiving a soft pat in return. I sat up and felt lightheaded and plopped back on my brother's chest. I could feel my eye light phasing out with my eye socket closing against my consent. "Nighty Night." I said tiredly before passing out.

The last thing I hear was, "Good night my nightlight." I smiled and left to dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for being late. I'm updating the story on word before I can transfer it to wattpad. 

Stay safe and wear a mask!