Today

I turned the alarm off and rolled out of bed. I didn't manage to get any sleep last night due to nerves.

"Ready for your debut London!" Mal says.

"Sure," I reply nonchalantly.

"Don't be too excited," She mumbles. I throw my slide at her and grab some clothes.

"You're annoying." I disappear into the bathroom and start covering my neck with concealer. I get dressed into an Arsenal sweatshirt with the US shorts. 

"When's the game?" I ask brushing my hair.

"Three, we leave here at one though." 

"Nice." I throw my hair into a ponytail and pull out my book. I go to the balcony and sit down on one of the chairs. I spend my morning reading and keeping my mind off the game. 

Mal's POV

London sat outside with her book while I got ready. She says reading calms her and allows her to take her mind off everything else, so she reads before games. Which meant she wouldn't eat breakfast now, or really anything before our game. 

"Mal Pal!" Sonnett yells when I walk into the dining hall.

"Sonny!"

"Where's London?" Abby asks.

"She's not coming down." I grab a plate and get breakfast.

"London's not coming down?" Christen asks me.

"Nope. She won't come down until we go to the bus," I tell her.

"She needs to eat something."

"It's fine Chris."

"I'll bring something," She insists. I shrug and sit next to Lindsey.

"Is London ready for the game?" Sammy asks.

"Yeah, she's really excited."

"Has she actually spoken to you today?" Rose says.

"Yes, she has. Now, score predictions?"

London's POV

My peaceful morning was rudely interrupted when Christen brought me toast.

"You need to eat London," She says sitting in the other chair.

"I do eat. Just not before games," I tell her continuing to read.

"That's not healthy."

"Christen, I've never eaten before a match and I do fine. I'll see you on the bus," She sighs and leaves the room. I check my phone and see Beth sent a good luck message between all of the angry and confused ones.

12:55

I quickly switched my Arsenal sweatshirt for a US t-shirt and grabbed my bag. I made sure I had my key and ran down to the elevator. We were leaving in five minutes and I lost track of time.

"You are so lucky," Andi says as I sit down. I just barely made it and Kelley made sure I was aware.

"I wasn't going to miss the bus. Besides it's not like anyone reminded me," I point out.

"I just assumed you would know. And Mal said she told you this morning."

"Whatever," I shove her shoulder. She shakes her head and puts in earbuds. I pull out my headphones and start my playlist.

We arrive at the pitch fifteen minutes later and drop our stuff in the locker room. Everyone gets their warm-up gear on and we head out to the pitch.  I started passing with Sam as I scanned the crowd.