Fresh Start

Hi all! This is my first story so idk what i'm really doing! I will try and make the time line make sense, but it may not, such as when players can be loaned and what time games took place. The story starts in October 2018. Anyway hope you enjoy and please feel free to add suggestions!

I powered my phone off and watched the busy airport. I was flying to my new team today, only thing is I didn't tell anyone. I was playing with the Washington Spirit and was going to sign a new contract when I got an offer from Arsenal, which I accepted. 

I guess this is confusing, but I left a bunch of stuff out.

I was best friends with Mal and Rose. Then, Rose discovered my big secret as I was deciding to re-sign with the Spirit. She promised she wouldn't tell anyone, then the next day the whole team knew. So I accepted Arsenal's offer and here I am. Sitting in an airport waiting for my flight.

I fidgeted with my rings as I boarded the plane settling in for the long plane ride. It was thankfully a cold October day so I could wear long sleeves. I gripped the arm rests as the plane took off and tried to think of how to occupy myself for the next 7 hours. I decided on a movie and put my headphones in. 

The plane finally landed and I grabbed my bag desperate to get off the plane. I followed the line of people to baggage claim and found my bag. It was 8 pm here and I was trying to figure out where I was supposed to go. I pulled my phone out to read the message Joe had sent me.

Hi London, your housemates will pick you up from the airport once you land and help you settle in. We have a training tomorrow at one.

Right. I had no clue who my housemates would be so I looked around the airport. I couldn't see anyone from the team so I pulled my phone out to look at the message again. I was reading it for the third time when someone ran into me.

"Sorry!" They said. 

"It's fine," I said looking up from my phone.

"Your the one we were looking for!" They exclaimed. "I'm Jill Roord, one of your housemates. Daan and Beth are also our housemates."

"Hey, I'm London Adair." I responded shyly. Two more people came over which I recognized as Beth Mead and Danielle van de Donk. 

"Hey guys, this is London!" Jill told them. 

"Hi London, I'm Beth and this is Daan," Beth said introducing her and Daan.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you all." I answered. 

"Let's get back to the flat! Have you eaten supper yet?" Daan asked. 

"Um, no but its fine I had something on the plane." I assured them.

"We can make something or order something London," Jill said.

"Um, sure." I said playing with my hair. She and Daan hurried to the car while Beth stayed behind with me.

"You don't have to be nervous." She told me. I looked over to her and took a deep breath.

"Sorry,"

"No, it's not something to apologize for, I was nervous when I first came too, but the girls all get along well and we love having new people! So, what team are you coming from?"

"Washington Spirit." I told her.

"Did you like that team?"

"For the first couple years, then I stopped." 

"What do you mean you stopped?" Beth asked confused. I shrugged.

"Something happened." I dismissed it. We got to the car where Jill and Daan were waiting, I put my stuff in the boot (trunk) and got in the back beside Jill.

"You look like someone I know." She said a few minutes into the ride.

"Weird," I shrugged. I knew why, they played with my cousin.

We got back to the flat after picking food up on the way home and we sat in the kitchen.

"So, tell us a bit about yourself." Daan prompted from across the table. 

"I'm 18, grew up in Delaware for the most part and I came from Washington Spirit." I answered simply.

"Favorite color?" Jill asked me.

"Um, yellow, like pale yellow." I told them.

"Where did you live besides Delaware?" Beth asked.

"Hmm?"

"You said for the most part, what about the other part?"

"Oh, Washington D.C." I said still not really fully answering. They seemed to accept that so I chose to not worry about it. 

After we ate they gave me a tour of the flat and left me in my room. I started unpacking my things leaving the picture of me and my cousin packed away. I changed into my pajamas and went to bed, exhausted from the travel.

Sorry for the short chapter, they will get longer as the story continues! Feel free to leave improvements! Who do y'all think her cousin is? What is London's secret? Hope everyone is staying safe!