Celebrations in Lockdown

Unedited^^

Sorry sorry sorry for the late update. And the writing may suck. I am sooo sooo sooo sorry.

For those who forgot~ Omkaara is in love with Gauri. He lies about being a humble simple man. Gauri finds out about his Richie rich parents and his successful career and gets mad. She gives him a chance to explain but our idiot gives a half ass lie. She gets the hell out of there. And this all happens half an hour before Omkaara's happy 26 birthday. Let's watch them clean up this mess.

Shivaay nudged Anika who nudged Rudra who very cleverly nudged the wall.

"So, who's going to go there?" Shivaay asked and the trio gulped.

Rudra and Anika shared a look before shouting "Rock paper scissors!" and defeating a startled Shivaay who still had his fist clenched.

"You're going to be waking up Dadi!" Runika sang as they skipped to the fun part of the celebration which was of course eating popcorn as Omkaara proposed Gauri.

Shivaay sighed before moving towards Dadi's room, trying not to cringe as his cheek throbbed with the memory of the punch he got when he woke up Dadi for Rudra's birthday celebration. He briefly saw Gauri dragging a suitcase down the parallel stairs and turned to ask her what was up but she was gone by the time he turned.

'Wierd' he thought with a shrug but kept moving on to the sleeping lioness' den. To his surprise, his Dadi was up and ready by the door to her room, pacing with anticipation.

"Dadi? You didn't sleep."

"Ohho, khote I've got my entire life to sleep but when will I get the chance to see Omkaara getting down on his knee? Hayee. How I have waited for this moment."

-

Omkaara stared at the decoration on the poolside through his bedroom window.

An year older mind with a broken heart.

But whose fault was it again?

All his. He should've told her sooner. He shouldn't have lied when she gave him the chance to say the truth.

Why did he do all of that?

The reason seemed so insignificant when the consequence of losing her was weighed against it. Maybe he deserved to stay alone afterall.

Lying had become his knee jerk reflex around Gauri. Maybe that's why he tried to cook up bullshit to keep her around.

Maybe he didn't really deserve her.

As his depression pulled him in deeper into the pothole of self hate, Omkaara faced the moon with an angry smirk. Just a day ago, his palace of dreams had been sitting high up even if it was an a mountain of lies. Just a day ago, he had been younger, foolish and happier. Today, he was just him. Dream castle burnt to the ground that his lies started and fuelled both.

The door opened and he almost imagined Gauri among the crowd of shining smiles that greeted him a "Happy Birthday"

His birthday today was many things but happy it was not.

Shivaay and Dadi were the first ones to notice his expression. The rest followed and soon the room quietened.

"What's wrong, Om?"