Dil Boley Oberoi (2 of 5)

Surprise!

Aren't I sweet? Updating a day before I promised, yeah. One of my tests got pushed back by a month, so here I am giving you an update before schedule. Enjoy this below average chapter and no eggs please. Don't torture me with those poor unborn babies.

I hate this chapter. It's clunky and a mess. But there are some good scenes. Bear with me, please.

Spoiler alert: The wife thing isn't that exciting or depressing.

Part 2: Chulbul and Dilpreet's Dostana

He looked at the five foot tall, shaggily dressed teenager in front of him. Well, she looked like a teenage boy alright but what about her soft, high pitched and very feminine voice? What about the curves that would be easily visible if someone poured water over her. And knowing her, it was a very probable thing.

She looked at the scowling man in wig. He had styled it into some sort of messily done look that though looked good couldn't beat his khuli jatein. She wondered why this man had no trust in her abilities. But then again, this man barely trusted himself.

"I'll do it Jatadhari. Stop scowling and wish me luck."

"There are so many things that could go wrong. Are you sure you can do this?"

"We've done this a thousand times by now, Jatadhari. Just trust me, okay?"

"But-"

She hit his forehead lightly, making him stop again. With a playful smile she told him, "Now do your thing and get me a file!"

He sighed and obliged. Signalling for a frail and nervous looking guy carrying a ton of books to come to him. When the guy stopped shaking from nervousness, he simply ordered him to hand over his project. Gauri, never wanting to comply by his terms, quickly interjected and assured the guy that she would return his project by the evening. He didn't bother to argue over that.

When she finally got the file, she gave him a half smile and went on to talk to the police constables stationed in front of the Father's office.

"Good morning sir!" She greeted them with a huge smile, her eyes warm and gleeful behind her glasses.

"Good morning?" The two havaldaars questioningly greeted on seeing a young boy in front of them.

"Myself, Chulbul Pande, first year student here."

"And what exactly are you doing here?"

"Ab, how do I tell you this?" She acted bashful. Then, looking at them with hope she asked with eyes as innocent as a deer walking upto a tiger to help, "You guys have pledged to protect us innocents civilians na?"

They stood taller as they replied in affirmative with pride.

"Then, please save this poor, innocent chirotha from being expelled sir!!" She pleaded. Clutching one havaldaar's hand, she looked up with hopeful eyes of a lost puppy, "I need to keep this file in there. The deadline was a week before. If I don't, I'll be thrown out of the college."

When they looked at her with hesitance, she faked a loud sob, "Sir, if-if I fail then, my mother? My mother would lose her only hope. She is a heart patient with only one kidney, sir!"

When she saw them soften, she quickly left their hands and bolted to the door, shouting out a 'thank you so much' before either could stop her.

Once inside the office, she looked at the desk first. Thankfully, all the files and documents were kept intact because of the college's students' important documents here. She quickly video called Jatadhari, wordlessly showing him all the files inside.