Tripping Through Dimensions: Not Quite the End

If you don't remember what happened in the last shot, please just read the last part of the previous shot quickly because it picks up right where we left off.

Happy reading!!

Omkaara looked at Gauri's closed lashes with a mix of wonder and guilt. His heart was beating a mile a minute. The last time it had beaten so fast was around her too.

It had been a year or so earlier.

'It's raining!" Gauri exclaimed with a bright smile.

He looked up from his papers to capture the moment her eyes lit up as she snuggled into the couch, a cup in hand, looking almost at home. It was a cozy scene that tugged his heart. Soon, he told himself. Soon, she'll achieve everything she wants and he would be able to confess his thoughts out loud.

"Have you always loved the rain?"

"I used to hate it when we lived in the chawl. Walking through the puddles the next day to get to school took too long. Plus the ceiling could leak any time." Gauri sighed as if she could look at her memories through the downpour.

"Then how did you come to like it?" He asked as he pretended to look at his files, already knowing that at least for the next half an hour, he was going to focus only on her voice.

"After watching a swoon worthy rain romance." She sighed dreamily.

He dropped his pen in shock. Looking up, he tried to gauge if she was joking. "Really?"

Gauri smiled wide, taking the final sip of her chai. "I thought you weren't listening. So, I blabbed."

"Then how did you actually come to like the rain?" He asked knowing that he needed to look at her to get an answer. She hated being ignored when she talked. That is why she only talked when the other person looked receptive.

"Have you ever stood on that balcony while it rained?" Gauri asked pointing to the small glass door behind him that showed the tiniest and most cramped balcony to ever exist.

"I don't think it can even sustain weight. Plus I don't smoke." He told her because he knew that it was meant as a smoking area.

Gauri looked confused for a second before she made sense of his words. She was the only one who could actually understand in so less time. Side effects of years spent together, he concluded. "If it was meant for smoking, it can definitely sustain our weight. Shall we take a break?"

He knew no was not an option when she blinked her eyes at him. That is how pathetic he was, all it took was a simple, innocent blink and his brain left his body, leaving his heart to command his head into nodding.

Gauri didn't wait for him to change his answer as she walked to the door easily sliding in. Omkaara was a little stearically hindered but managed. They now stood side by side, in the narrow and short space. He could clearly smell her shampoo and he cursed under his breath when he realised that the simple smell of blueberry was enough to make his heart go into an overdrive.

"Have you ever just looked at the rain?"

"Do you have to ask?" He asked as he focused on the way the smile on her lips eased just a bit at the sight in front of her.

"You should try it. It's rejuvenating." Gauri spoke in a whisper as if the rhythm of the rain was too great of a melody to overshadow.

"How so?" He asked even though he could admit that he was more at ease here than in the air conditioned office. The sea breeze was a nice change.

"It's nice to look at the rain and just see the drops falling from sky. You aren't worrying about your next deadline, you aren't worried about the client you may have pissed, you aren't worried about if you're going to miss the school bus from walking too slow in the muddy areas. I can just look at the rain and not worry if my roof is going to sustain the storm that might come. I feel accomplished when I realise that even if I stand and watch the rain for a few minutes, I am not going to regret it or end up losing something. Plus it's beautiful, isn't it?"