The Wrong Prom Date (1)

Long time no see huh?

Hello again. This is my practice work before I start writing How to Fall Out of love again.

This is a short story. The title has nothing to do with the story. It's just the title of the book whose synopsis inspired the whole plot. Don't worry, I haven't read the book for the sole reason that I didn't want to end up copying shit from the orignal

"Please." Gauri begged Rudra with all the pitiful expressions she could gather.

"But-"

"I love him."

"But he has a girlfriend." Rudra shuffled away from Gauri tugging on his tie as the conversation made him feel more and more uncomfortable.

Gauri took his hands in hers, clutching them tightly as she pleaded, "But she's not the one for him. You know that too."

"Sh-she is just not used to being nice to people." Rudra could see the fault in his own argument too. But there wasn't much he could say in that woman's defense. He didn't even like his brother's girlfriend.

Gauri scoffed. "She's a bitch and you know it. Just date me, Rudra. One month of pretend and your brother will see her for who she is."

"Still, I can't just let you get close to my brother. You could have other intentions too." Rudra was now backed into the wall of the library where Gauri had cornered him.

"Of course I have other intentions." Gauri scoffed again. "I love him after all. But my primary goal is to stop him from ruining his life by marrying that bitch."

"I-"

But before Rudra could give another weak argument, Gauri pulled out her Brahmastra. "I'll talk you up to Bhavya."

Bhavya. The hottest girl on campus. At least in Rudr's eyes and also Gauri's good friend.

"Really?" Rudra was tempted for a second before he shook himself back to reality. "Still, I can't pimp out my brother."

"So are you going to let her ruin his life?"

"I-" before Rudra could reply Gauri made her final move.

"I promise you by the end of this month Bhavya will be your number one fan."

"Okay." Rudra choked out feeling the slightest bit of guilt for selling out his brother for a girl. But then again his brother's girlfriend was kind of stuck up and the girl in question was Bhavya, with hazel eyes and dark curly hair that almost neccisated the sacrifice of a brother or two.

Gauri smiled up at him as she said, "Then today is our first day as an official couple. I'll be at your house for the dinner where he is planning to introduce her to the family."

And she left before he could ask how she knew about that.

****

"Dadi, I wanted to make you meet my-" Shivaay's words were cut off as Gauri Kumari Sharma crashed into Kalyani Oberoi's arms with a loud squeel.

"Dadiiiii," her obnoxious scream irritated Shivaay because one, she cut him off ; two, she cut him off while he was about to introduce his girlfriend who he soon planned to propose to and three because she was Gauri Kumari Sharma the Bane of his Existence and the girl who fancied him as hers.

"Why are you here?"

"Oooh," Gauri turned to Shivaay with a fake smile. "Didn't see you there. Long time no see, huh?"

"I would have prefered to not see you for another few decades." Shivaay muttered under his breath but because she was the daughter of their family business' biggest investor, he only audibly said, "Yeah, been busy with the new job and all."