Dil Boley Oberoi (Epilogue)

Should I tell you a secret?
I was going to update regardless of how many people commented because I am seriously fickle and if I don't update today I'll end up rewriting it again (the third time I would do it for this chapter). But thanks for letting me know you guys are actually looking forward to updates and don't just watch it because you have to.

That being said, this chapter was rewritten and hasn't been edited even once. So, if you feel like a few things happen too suddenly, it's because I couldn't make myself to write the transition in a better way. I'll be working on re-editing whenever I get the time.

Now, onto the end of the Rikara journey.

Epilogue:
Of Lost Love&Love Lost

Twenty years later..

He kicked the stone with a force he wished he could use on that stupid old man.

Unbottoning his suit jacket, Kavinash Singh Oberoi tried to remember the last time he had felt as lost as he did today. Probably ten years ago, when he appeared in front of Omkaara Singh Oberoi's office threatening the man into adopting him. A small laugh left him as he slumped his shoulders and decided to let go of his anger upon the onslaught of memories. He could hate himself now but his fifteen year old self was still far worse. That stupid boy literally forced his way into a rich family because he wanted to show the world what he had in him.

And Kavinash knew he had loads of potential within himself. Why then, could he not crack this simple deal?

The leaves crunched beneath him as the trees shed more of their wastes onto him. Some might think this was a good weather, but for Kavinash Omkaara Singh Oberoi, this month was the worst. Life has its way of bringing you down after you rise too high. And that's what humans call fall. It's kind of depressing how most people enjoy the fall and death of so many leaves.

He sighed as he extended his right hand towards his assistant, ready to hate himself all over again as he stared at the papers of doom. The quotation that made him loose an ordinary deal to a very small company. Some might say that this was too small of a loss to lament over but Kavinash didn't rise from a lost boy in the dirty dark streets  of underground Mumbai to the CEO of Oberoi Corps by making mistakes and hiding them behind excuses.

His assistant hesitated before informing him, "Mr. Oberoi called."

"Dad?" He asked as he took the file from his assistant and started walking back to where he had parked his car.

"Rudra sir."

"Why?"

"He wanted to remind you that it's the thirteenth of October."

Kavinash stopped, turning to his assistant in disbelief. He opened his phone and sure enough, the words on the screen told him that it was that day of the year. The day that sees the death anniversary of someone he could never meet but was connected to. How could he let such an important date slip his mind?

"Has he gone to the memorial?"

"Omkaara sir is still at home."

"Goddamnit." Kavinash cursed as he speeded his steps thinking of the amount of pain his father would be in.

Ritisha smiled as a dry leaf fell on top of the page she was reading while walking on a less frequented alley. Strong blows of wind knocked the leaf back down and she couldn't help but bend down to retrieve the fallen leaf. Fall was nature's way of teaching you to always change for the better she believed. And this leaf had definitely appeared in her life to signal a change for the better. As she moved to stand up with the yellow leaf, she failed to notice a man hurrying towards her.