Tripping Through Dimensions: The Start

This story may seem like sci fi from the introduction but is more fantasy, and even more of a romcom. The title is more to signify the constant shift in the timeline from past to present and vice versa.

The next shot may come early or late depending on the response. Happy reading!

((This is unedited. So if you find a mistake, please point it out in the inline comments. Also, tell me if anything is confusing, I'll clear it up and rewrite the paragraph ))

.................................................................

Gauri typed away, all the while cursing her boss. Who the hell decides to change his speech and the supporting material one day before he is supposed to address his employees as the new CEO?

Today had been tough. She had almost fainted (of happiness) when the Board finally approved of him as the new CEO. She had been working by his side all the time, from when he was just a Team Leader to now when he had finally become the CEO. She had almost felt proud of that man until he walked upto her and handed off all the bouquets he had received, like it was yesterday's trash and moved on.

Omkaara Singh Oberoi. That son of a hard working cow.

Couldn't he at least celebrate for one day?

No. He couldn't. And now as he enjoyed the party thrown in his honour, she suffered through the burden that he decided to leave for her. But to be honest, he was probably suffering too. He was an introverted person. The kind that thought that a smile exchanged was too much human interaction for a day.

Strangely, the thought of the two of them suffering together, even though they were worlds apart, brought a smile to her face.

Omkaara downed yet another glass of champagne as he wondered what she was doing? Was she able to find the material he had requested? Was the speech coming out fine? Were there things he could still change? The workaholic in him wanted to go back to his office and ask his secretary to listen in on the rehearsal for the conference tomorrow. Maybe she would be able to make it better.

As Shivaay drowned on and on about his how lovely his fiancee was, Omkaara decided that he needed to get back to the office. That was his only home and refuge.

Gauri was startled out of cursing her boss when the subject of her vivid and rather violent imagination called her.

"I am drunk. Pick me up," he said without pleasantries before adding a soft almost silent, "Please."

Gauri didn't know why that tugged her heart. He was ordering her to be his chauffeur, that was nothing to be soft over. Sighing, she asked for his location, already picking up the keys to the company car as she wondered how much sleep she could manage today. Her highest bet was on three hours.

"I'll be there in ten minutes," she said without preamble when she called him again. "I'll meet you at the Back Exit like we planned."

"Miss? Do you know this man? He is currently in the ER. His guardians aren't picking up. Could you come to this location? We need your consent to start a surgery."

Gauri couldn't see anything for a minute. Her hands tightened on the steering wheel, her mind blanked out. It was a miracle she didn't crash into something. Trying to remember how to speak, she asked, "W-what h-happ-eh-ned." She couldn't continue as her tongue remained tied. She should wake up now. She should wake up in a different world, the one where she could still curse out that ox boss of hers for never falling sick and taking extreme precautions to ensure safety of all including himself, just so he wouldn't miss work.

"Please, please save him. I'll be there soon." Gauri muttered through her tears when she regained her senses again. She had totally missed what the man on the other side had said but she knew she had to do something. Anything that could save him. "I'll arrange any amount you need, just please save him."