prologue

"Cause she's stronger than you know
A heart of steel starts to grow"

"Cause she's stronger than you knowA heart of steel starts to grow"

___________________

Gabriella Valencia Peréz wasn't your normal detective. She was only 15 and yet a detective in training with huge success. But why did she wanted to become one? Easy answer. Her father.

Her father was Diego Peréz, one of the most successful detectives in whole New York. Diego was an icon, a hero and a role model for most detectives and future cops. He did his job with passion and gratitude, something that was very rare. His wife Quinn didn't really had a problem with his job until she became pregnant. When Diego found out that he was going to be a father, he didn't wanted to step out of the detective work, instead he worked double shifts so he could support his wife and unborn child.

On June 9th 1999 Gabriella Valencia Peréz came finally to the world. The small baby was surrounded by her father, mother, uncle, grandparents and Raymond Holt. Her father's eldest and bestest friend in the world, Ray was there because he became the godfather of the child. The babygirl filled the whole room with joy and love making her father chuckle. This girl was his daughter. His little girl. Forever and always.

2 years later Gabriella was riding with her father his motorcycle everyday. He tried to fit his baby into his world which was full with motorcycles and guns. Quinn wasn't very happy with the idea of her husband but she tried not to show it.

At the age of 4 Gabriella was able to clean her father's gun, to defend herself and to use pepper spray properly. "You're incredible my darling.", said Diego to his daughter every time. "You're daddy's girl right?", he always asked. Gabriella nodded. "Forever and always.", they both said while their foreheads were touching. Diego spent as much time with his child as he could before turning his attention to his beautiful and flawless wife Quinn. He remembered like it was yesterday when he fell in love with her back in high school. He fell for her remarkable gorgeous hazel eyes, her generosity and her loving personality. Quinn fell for Diego because of his humor and his passion. Those two completed each other. But unfortunately not every story has a happy ending.

Diego Perez had many different enemies but the team managed to keep his wife and child safe. Until one of his enemies found his address.

In the cold night of November 11th 2005 Diego Peréz was laying dead on the kitchen floor with a bullet hole in his head.

Before his death Diego wasn't scared of anything. But this night, while seeing straight into his murder's eyes you could see fear. Fear of his family dying. But the murder didn't had the intention to kill the others, they only wanted Diego dead because he knew way too much already. Diego's death wasn't painful but only tragic. He closed his eyes letting out a small tear to roll down his cheek embracing his sadly fate. The next morning his wife found him dead. She found the love of her life dead with a bullet hole in his head and his eyes closed. Only a small yet sad smile resting on his face.

Gabriella was only 6 back then but now that she's a detective in training she wants to find the murder of her father. She wants justice to be served!

___________________________________

Welcome to the prologue of "Jailhouse Rock"! I'm very glad that you're reading this

Welcome to the prologue of "Jailhouse Rock"! I'm very glad that you're reading this. Please let me know in the comments if you like this so far! I love getting feedback 💜 

DEDICATIONS

LilyMoonlight14
ella-sarah
ellie-is-cool
beatrizlovess
everythinggiddish
peraligo
sixdrink_amy