022 | The Chopper

"Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
Miss No way it's all good, it didn't slow me down"

"Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstoodMiss No way it's all good, it didn't slow me down"

______________________

"Hey Gina, you got that file we needed Captain Holt to sign?", asked Gabriella as she and Jake approached Gina's desk. The woman gave them the file without looking from her phone. Jake took the file carefully, smirking to himself. He began to wave his hand in front of Gina's face but she didn't stop to look at her phone. The older man looked at Gabriella who already knew what he had in mind. And she was so in.

"Gina hasn't taken her eyes off her phone in two hours. First person to make her look up wins the pot.", announced the younger girl. "I'm in. A bet which improves someone's manners? Double score.", said Amy and put in her money. "You already lost Ames.", laughed Gabriella and fist bumped Rosa. "Sorry, guys. I got this in the bag. I used to have distract her from her phone all the time when we were smooshin' booties.", as soon as Boyle said that, covered Amy Gabriella's ears. The girl just made a disgusted look and turned around quickly. "You're so gross Boyle!"

"Hey girl...", said Boyle making Gina to throw something at him in the stomach. "Catch you later.", he said grunting. Next up was Jake. "Mid-morning dance party.", he announced and let the speakers to play. Gina was dancing but still didn't looked up from her phone. "She's dancing even better than normal.", whispered Gabriella in shock and laughed. "Oh, my God, did you hear that George W. Bush died?", said Amy when it was her turn. "Who dat?", asked Gina bored without looking away. Amy put on a frown and went back to the others. "Told ya Ames.", said Gabriella and rubbed Amy's shoulder in comfort. It was Rosa's turn and she blew an air horn making everyone to scare themselves. Gabriella walked over to her and got the horn from her hands only for Rosa to blow it again on purpose. "Sorry!", shouted Gabriella and glared at her older friend who was only smirking.

"Gina may never look at another real human being again. She's unbeatable.", said Jake defeated. "That's what you think Jakey.", said Gabriella devilish and walked over to Terry. She whispered something in his ear that made him to get out his phone. "You think it would work?", he asked. "Uh huh. Hundred percent.", she answered smiling. "Terrence Jeffords, are you kidding me?", asked Gina a second later, finally moving her gaze away from the screen. "Changed my relationship status to "it's complicated." Pony up, y'all!", cheered Terry and ruffled Gabriella's hair. "You're a genius, Gabriella Peréz." "That's right I am!", laughed Gabriella and danced together with the Sergeant until his phone rang. "It's my wife.", he said picking the call up. "Hey, baby. No! No, no, no. It was a mistake. My thumb slipped and--", he said and looked up in shock. "I have to go home."

●●●

"Ladies and gentlemen, today is the greatest day of my life. Guess who just got murdered!", announced Jake at the briefing. "That's right--it's Carl Mather.", he continued and gasped dramatically. "What? I'm the only one gasping? Guys, Carl Mather? Did 25 years in Attica--", began Jake but got interrupted by Charles who gasped dramatically for his sake. "Are you dying?", asked Gabriella and looked at the man confused. "Sor--sorry. Just point at me when you want me to gasp.", apologized Charles and went back to take notes. "He ignored my question.", whispered Gabriella to Rosa and crossed her arms. "Rude!" "Aww, you're frowning.", said Gina as she turned towards the two girls. "I know right! It's so cute.", said Amy and smiled. "What's so cute about me frowning?", asked Gabriella interested. "Everything about it.", chimed Boyle in making the two tables to laugh. Gabriella only scoffed and leaned her head on Rosa's shoulder. Charles prepared to say something but Gabriella stopped him quickly. "Not another word." "Guys. Music is over here!", said Jake and pointed to himself.