028 | Halloween Part III

"Ain't gonna play nice
Watch out, you might just go under"

"Ain't gonna play niceWatch out, you might just go under"

___________________

Gabriella Peréz was dressed as Velma Dinkley from Scooby Doo. Troy was dressed as Shaggy, Charlie as Fred, Eliza as Daphne and Josh as Scooby. He was officially a part of the Scooby Gang and it felt just right. It was a bit awkward with Gabriella but they managed to overcome that. "Charles, seriously?", asked Gabriella the man as he stepped out of the elevator. "No costume?" "What the hell, Charles?", asked Terry in his sailor costume. "Where's your Halloween spirit?", added Charlie and crossed his arms over his chest. "But you guys always make fun of me.", defended Boyle himself. "I have never once insulted you in my life, especially vis-à-vis your appearance.", said Gina and stopped besides Eliza. "Yeah, man, we always love your costumes.", added Rosa and sipped from her cup.

"Remember last year, when you came as that person and/or thing?", reminded Jake his best friend. "Yes, I do remember!", said Boyle excited. "Sir, permission to sprint to my car and get my emergency costume?" "Does it matter if I say no?" "No!", yelled Charles out of happiness and disappeared into the elevator. Five minutes later everyone was already changed in their everyday clothes. It was Jake and Troy's idea to play a little prank on Charles which everyone agreed to.

"What the--what--", said Boyle after he came back with his costume on. "Why are you dressed up?", asked Rosa and looked at Gabriella. "Yeah, you look like an idiot.", said the younger girl and laughed with her friends. "But--but--", said Charles again in defense. "Yeah, what are you supposed to be, a sassy car mechanic?", asked Amy confused. "No, come on. He's clearly the rejected Pop-Tarts mascot, Harry Pop-Tart.", guessed Jake, correcting his girlfriend. "I am not! You know who I am!", shouted Charles out of frustration towards his friends. "Squad, that's enough. You're making Boyle feel bad on purpose. He's Elvis." "Yes!", said Boyle, glad that Holt got his costume. "Wait.", pointed Gabriella out quickly. "Elvis Stojko, the Canadian figure skater." "No!", yelled Boyle again and twirled. "There it is.", said Gabriella smiling. Suddenly, Josh came out of the restroom, his costume still on. He looked at the crowd around Boyle and gave a confused look. "Why isn't everyone in a costume?", he asked, earning an eye roll from his friends. Josh turned to Boyle with a slight smirk. "Nice Elvis Presley costume Boyle." "Josh!"

●●●

"Attention squad and Gabriella's friends: today is the most important day in the history of this precinct. For today is Halloween--I thought we were going to say it together.", said Jake after waiting for Holt. "I never agreed to that." "All right. As you may know, for the past two years, Captain Holt and I have engaged in an epic battle of wits. The goal: to determine who must call the other an amazing detective/genius.", explained Jake with a smile on his lips. "The first year, by sheer, dumb luck, Jake eked out a feeble victory.", began Holt. "And last year, I let the captain win, because he's old and sad." "Careful Jakey.", joked Gabriella with a smirk from her seat beside Eliza. "Sad because the competition was so dismal." "There it was.", said Gabriella with a happy look on her face and smiled at her uncle. "Is this meeting about something?", asked Terry confused. "It's about everything.", whispered Jake determined to the Sergeant.