002 | Chocolate Milk

"First, we got to turn you around
Second, you put your feet on the ground
Third, now take a hold of your soul"

"First, we got to turn you aroundSecond, you put your feet on the groundThird, now take a hold of your soul"

_____________________

Troy Jinx woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs, his favorite yet typical breakfast. "Smells great mom!", said the boy and got up. To his surprise it wasn't his mother cooking, in fact, Gabriella Peréz herself was. Something she learned from detective Boyle. "Now I'm your mom?", she asked sarcastic. "I'm sorry. I thought mom cooked and I also thought you left for work?", he asked. "I have to leave soon. Would you please set the table?", asked the girl. "But of course my beautiful wife.", joked the boy. Gabriella smirked. "Take the plates honey and be careful!", she said playing along his joke.

"You're not eating?" "I already did. While you were asleep.", she said and laughed. "Your mom took Annabelle to kindergarten early and so I decided to cook. Boyle helped me learn a few small things.", explained Gabriella. Troy shook his head with a smile and took a bite from the eggs and bacon. "Oh my God!", he said. Gabriella looked at him.
"What? What happened?", she asked worried. "Those are the best eggs and bacon I've always tasted!", said Troy happy and hugged his best friend. "I thought you chocked or something!", said the girl and slapped the boy playfully. Both then met each other's eyes and kept staring for about a minute, not letting go. "I uh, have to go Troy.", said Gabriella breaking up the silence. "Oh yeah sorry.", he said and let go of the girl. Gabriella went and put on her shoes before remembering something important. "Your bag my lady?", said Troy and handed Gabriella her bag. She smiled at him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"You're a life savior Troy Jinx!", she said and exited the apartment.

Troy touched his cheek carefully, going over the spot where Gabriella gave him the kiss. He didn't realized the man standing behind him. "I see she made breakfast.", said the man. "Dad! You scared me!", said the Jinx boy and touched his heart as dramatically as possible making his dad laugh. "You like her don't you son?", he asked straight. Troy just looked at him confused. "You mean Gabby? No! Ew! We're just friends.", he said fast. "Yeah, friends. That's what everyone says.", said Troy's father and chuckled.

●●●

Gabriella walked inside the Ninety Ninth precinct. "Another day, another adventure!", she whispered to herself. "Good morning Terry, Jake.", she said. "What's up?" "Terry's getting a vasectomy.", said Charles to the younger girl. Gabriella just looked disgusted. "Hold it up!", said Gina as she overheard the conversation. "You're gonna let some quack doctor just knife around down there? You are blessed with a great power. And you should never snip it's wings. You should let it soar.", she continued. "Oh my God!", whispered Gabriella to herself and looked at the Sarge. "Thanks guys, that's enough. I don't need anymore input.", he said. "Yeah me either.", said the younger girl grossed out. "Neither does your wife, I guess.", said Rosa and high fived Jake.