Chapter 12 (Last Chapter) - Olive

Joe got up to go to work, kissed Vicky and went on his way. When Joe got to work he put his stuff down. Then turned his computer on, he admired this wallpaper of his family. “I have a great family.” The phone rang. 

“Come to my office now.” his boss said.  Joe walked in and sat in the chair. “Yes sir?” His Boss looks at him. “We have important things to discuss.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vicky was doing her work on her laptop, she started working from home since AJ was born. 

“Dang it! Not That! Ugh!” she said, pushing the backspace. AJ was playing on the floor with his toy. 

She heard the door opening. “Honey?” She asked without getting up. Joe came around the corner. “Hey, I’m home.” he said, then headed to the room. “Why are you home so soon?” she asked, with a mouth full of bagel. “Just came home early, that's all.” he said. “Oh ok. I’ll make you some lunch, I just need to finish the report.” “No need, I’ll do it myself.” he said, opening the fridge. “O-Oh alright.” Vicky shook her head, trying to concentrate. 

When Vicky finished, she made her way into the kitchen, and saw Joe sitting on the ground, covering his face. “Honey? What are you doing on the ground?!” Vicky rushed over, and touched his face, making him look at her. Joe's eyes were sad. “What’s wrong?” Vicky said, with a strong voice. “I’m useless.” he said. “No hun, you are not!”   “Yes, I am! I always mess up! I try to help you, but again, I mess up! I mess up at work! Then I got fired! NOW, I can’t even make my own lunch! I’m so dumb!” 

Vicky didn’t flinch when he said he lost his job. She didn’t need to over react. He didn’t need that. “Hey, we’ll get through this! Just like we always do, together.” Joe shook his head. “I’m a failure.” “Yep.” Joe stopped and looked at her. “W-what?” Vicky giggled. “I’m just messing! Come on, get off the floor. Let’s have some lunch.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Patrick got home from work, he saw Tammy with Violet in her arms, in the kitchen, cooking dinner. “Aw! Look at my girls cooking dinner.” Tammy smiled, and handed Violet off to him. 

Patrick walked over to the table and saw a newspaper on it. “What is this? Are we living in the 90s? Who reads the paper any more?” He sat down, looking at it. “It was Carla’s homework. She had to pick a story out of it, to write about.” “A paper?! Doesn’t her school have a blog or something?” “Patrick, don’t question the ways of the school, they are doing the best they can.” Patrick sighed, “Ok, fine.” 

“Kids! Dinner ready!” Tammy called out to them. “It’s Tacos!” Then the kids all ran down, as fast as they could. “YAY! TACOS!” Ricky yelled, has he sat down.  

After dinner, the kids made their way back into their rooms. Then it was just Tammy and Patrick left downstairs.

“Hey dear, I was wondering if we could have like a get together at the park, this weekend.” Patrick asked Tammy from the sink, he was washing the dishes. “Sure, I don’t see a problem with it, why?” She replied from the couch. “I just want to get the gang together.” he said, looking out the kitchen window. Tammy smiled as she looked at him. “I love you dear.”  At hearing this, Patrick turned and slyly smiled. He put his leg on the counter. “Oh, is that right?”  Tammy started laughing. “Stop being silly!” “NEVER!” he replied. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Patrick told Sara about the picnic she was super excited, and bought so much more than needed. 

That weekend

Vicky and Joe walked up to Sara on a ladder hanging up lanterns in a tree, Oliver spotting her, and running over to hang on to the ladder. "Are YOU nuts dear! You could have fallen!" He said, getting there. "Ok, yeah, but I didn't!" She climbed down. Vicky shook her head and smiled, 'some things never change' she thought. 

J.J let go of Joe's hand and ran over to all the other kids running around. Vicky sat at a near picnic table and Joe sat next to her. 

Eventually all the adults talked and laughed as A.J napped next to Vicky. 

Vicky nodded at Sara, Sara blushed. "I have something to say." They all stopped and looked at her. She got nervous and bailed. "Joe lost his job!" She said instead. "Sara!!!! Not that!" Vicky said, hitting her face. Patrick immediately looked at Joe. "Dude! Are you serious?" Joe looked down and nodded. Patrick shook his head. "Why didn't you say so? I really need a new accountant." Tammy nodded in agreement. "Yeah, our guy Paul has been stealing money from us for years. We asked him to stop, he said he would, but he is still doing it. So I'm going to have to fire him." She looked sad. Patrick smiled "But this way you can get a Job!" Joe didn't know what to say, he just smiled. "Really? Are you sure?" 

"Of course!!" Patrick and Tammy said at the same time. "ok...Ok. Yeah! I'll take it!" Joe couldn't believe it. Vicky was happy, that problem was solved. Now to Sara. "Sara." She said. Sara through her hands up. "OK! Um….I'm pregnant." Oliver drinking, spit it out. And turned to her. "I'm sorry..WHAT?" 

Tammy looked happy but confused. "I thought you couldn't.." "Me too...but" she replied. Oliver put his hand on her small stomach. "You mean…" Sara started crying. "Yes Oliver, we are going to have another kid." Oliver's eyes lit up, and tears came. "Oh Sara!" He hugged her. Everyone was so excited. Tammy waved her arms to get attention. "Sara, what are you going to name it, if it's a boy or girl?" Sara smiled "Doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl." She looked at Oliver. "It's name will be Olive."

A/NThanks so much for reading my book! This was a long project! Love you all! And a big thanks to my friend Kali who did all the art, check her out on Instagram, @kalisss_artttt

A/N
Thanks so much for reading my book! This was a long project! Love you all! And a big thanks to my friend Kali who did all the art, check her out on Instagram, @kalisss_artttt. - AD

A/N
Hey everyone! I'm actually rewriting this story so please look for the updated version - AD 2023