Chapter 6 - Give me a Raise

When everyone got back to the hospital, everyone was in the room, chatting. When a man walked up to the room, and entered. Oliver was right in front of him. Richard took his cane and hit Oliver over his head with it. "Move out of my way! I want to see my new granddaughter!" Oliver jumped out of the way rubbing his head.

"Dad! Why do you use that? You don't need it!" Sara said, putting her hand to her forehead

"Dad! Why do you use that? You don't need it!" Sara said, putting her hand to her forehead. "Because it's fun, hitting people with it. hehehe." "Dad!" Tammy handed Violet to Richard. "Ah! My new beautiful granddaughter!" "Dad. She's not really your granddaughter." "Ah! Fish posh! I love her either way!"

"Wait, the Yang's aren't really related to us?" Carla asked. "No. We're not. Why?" Kara told Carla. "No reason!" Carla put her head down, and blushed. Kara knew that was super suspicious.

Patrick saw Pearl pacing in the hallway. He walked out of the room and heard a little of the convo she was having on the phone. It sounded personal not business. So he stopped listening, and started waving her down. She saw him and wrapped up her conversation. "Yes Brother?" "What happened with the investors that we left?" "OH yes! They said they were in, the pamphlets Tammy made were Perfect! No need to reschedule." "Amazing! Pearly remind me to give you a raise!" Patrick turned to go back in the room. "Oh hey Patrick, give me a raise." He laughed. "Yes ma'am!"

"Dad, won't you give Violet back to her mother." "NO, I barely got to hold her! She is such an angel." Richard walked over to the only chair. Joe was sitting in. Richard hit him too. "Get out!" Joe quickly moved after he got an abrasion on his head. Richard sat in the chair. Just admiring the baby girl.

"Tammy, I'm going to take the kids to lunch, can you watch the big baby?" Sara pointing to her father. "Yes, of course Sara." "Good. LET'S GO KIDS, LUNCH TIME!" Everyone actually followed. Until it was only Tammy and Patrick. Oh and Richard in the corner with Violet. They smiled at each other. While they admired Richard with their baby.

~~~~~~~~

"Alright Kids, we are all in! Where does everyone want to eat!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When all of them got to the park, from going to 3 different fast food joints, because the kids couldn't decide on one place.

Sara picked out a shady place to sit. Oliver laid next to her. She laughed a little looking down at him.

The children ran around, playing a bunch of different things.

"Well, dear. What do you think about having six children right now?" Oliver had his eyes closed on the blanket that Sara put down for them. "Honey, I know you're not asleep." Sara smiled. Oliver sighed. "Other than taking two cars, I'm ok with it." She laughed "Yeah? You're okay with how hectic it is?" "Yeah, makes life more interesting." Oliver said, with his eyes still closed. Sara leaned over, and kissed him. Oliver opened his eyes. "Oh, I liked that." She laughed. As he got up, and kissed her back.

"EWW! THE ADULTS ARE KISSING!!!" Ricky yelled from the across the park

"EWW! THE ADULTS ARE KISSING!!!" Ricky yelled from the across the park. "Ok, I don't like it anymore, there is absolutely no privacy." Sara laughed. "Well dear, that's what happens." "How did Patrick and Tammy even get enough alone time to make more children?!" "DEAR! Shush!" Sara said, trying really hard not to laugh. But Oliver saw right through her. "What? You know I'm right." He laughed. "Yes dear, but there are children in hearing distance." "Na, they don't care." "Ok fine, I DON'T want to talk about it." "Alright, have I ever told you that you are beautiful when you are pissed at me?" "Oliver Yang, what are you getting at?!" "Nothing gorgeous. 😏" "Would you stop!" Sara said, no longer could act angry. Oliver slowly brushed her hair with his hand.

Kara looked up from her phone and looked over at the adults, she watched them, thinking that her parents did the same thing. It was a normal thing couples did. They compliment each other, and respect each other, even after years of marriage. She looked down. She always thought her parents kissing was gross, but now she would look at it differently.

Kara watched the kids run and play tag. She watched Carla stick close to Alex. Now she knew why she was being so weird earlier. She likes Alex. Kara sat down, processing it. How would this be good for her? Kara knew he didn't like her. But boys mature differently. "Maybe one day, Carla, One day." Kara said, quietly to herself.

"Oh, Tammy just texted. She asked if we could keep the kids one more night, so they can get Violet all set up tonight. Like in her crib and stuff." Sara said, asking her husband. "That seems fine. But I'm going to have to go back to work tomorrow, so can you handle all the kids by yourself, after I leave?" "Yes, it's only four not six." "Alright, it's ok with me, if it's ok with you." "It's fine. I'll tell her."