Chapter 5 - Purple

When the waiting room heard a baby crying they knew it the long 10 hours was finally over.

A few minutes go by. Patrick came out with a purple blanket bundle. Walked up to Vicky and carefully handed her the baby. Vicky held Violet, and stroked the baby's face. "She's so beautiful, Patrick." Patrick smiled. He also looked really bad. His hair was a mess, he was still in his suit pants and a shirt was untucked. But he was overjoyed. Pearl came over to see her niece's face. Vicky handed Violet to her.

"How's Tammy?" Sara asking Pat. "She's sleeping, but you can go see her."

Sara walked in, and sat next to the bed. "So was it worth it again?" Tammy smiled "It always is." Sara nodded. "Yes, it is!" Tammy grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry Sara." "For what?" Sara looked confused. "I'm sorry you can't have any more children." "Oh, it's ok. I have a boy and a girl, what more can a mother ask for." Tammy pity smiled. Sara kissed her on the forehead. "Get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow." Sara got up and left the room.

"Come on family! Let's go home! Kara, Carla, Amber, Ricky you are with us. Don't worry we will be back first thing in the morning." The children got up and followed Sara and Oliver out.

When everyone left. Patrick just held his baby girl in the corner of the room, as Tammy slept. He didn't have the heart to put her down.

Tammy turned over and opened her eyes, and saw her husband rocking their baby girl in the corner. The scene made her fall in love with him all over again.

"You know you can put her down in the bed, she's not going to break." Patrick looked over to his wife. And walked over. And laid next to her. "But she has your eyes." Tammy laughed.

"Just like Kara." Tammy stroked his face. "I love you, you are an amazing husband and father." He moved his head down to kiss her.

"How did your presentation go?" "Idk, we left half way through." "Oh, sorry." "It's ok mama bear, it wasn't your fault." She smiled. "Pearly is handling the debris from it." "She's amazing. She has done so much for our company!" "Yes, she sure has."

~~~~~~~~~

Sara got all the kids comfortable in her living room. "Kara, phone." Sara put her hand out. "But Auntie Sara!" "No, I want you to have a good night's sleep, don't worry I'll charge it for you." Kara handed her it. "Thank you! Goodnight kids" she turned off the light and walked to Alex and Addison's room. "Hey, lights out. Alex, you know there is no electronics after 10." "Sorry, mom." Alex put his phone down. "Okay mom, can I just finish my diary entry?" Allison said from the top bunk. "Of course. Goodnight kids." "Goodnight mom." They said in unison.

Sara walked into her room, where Oliver was already in bed reading one of his professor books. She plugged in Kara's phone. "When did we have so many children?" Sara said, smiling.  "Ha! I don't know, stop me next time." Oliver said, not looking up from his book.

"Mm? What's more important than your wife?" She said, jumped on her bed

"Mm? What's more important than your wife?" She said, jumped on her bed. Oliver looked at her, closed his book, threw it on the floor. "Nothing!" Oliver grabbed her and pulled her close. And kissed her. "I miss you in the mornings." He said as she stroked his face. "Why? Because you have to make breakfast?" "Ha, no. Because I miss your smile, and your bed head." He laughed. "Oh, really! Why don't I give you some!" Sara started giving him a nookie. "Ow! That hurts!" He laughed. He grabbed her hand that was on his head. And kissed it. "I really do miss you." Sara turned off the light.