Chapter 11- Wait. WHAT!

When Sara got home from the Gong's. She just threw herself on the couch. "*sigh* Home sweet Home. Quiet as always." Then the phone rang. "Ugh. Spoke too soon." She got up, and answered. "Hello?" **"MOM! Alison got into a fight! I'm in the nurse's office with her."** Alex said, on the other side. "Oh geez! I'm on my way, sit tight." Sara grabbed her purse and was out the door again.

~~~~~~~~~

Oliver was rapping up a class, when Sara tried to call him. "Oh, it's my wife." Oliver said, to the class. They laughed. "You know what that means. Thanks guys, don't forget to study the end of chapter 15." The class got up, and started gathering their things.

Oliver stepped out, "Hello?" "Alison got into a fight. I'm on my way to pick them up." Sara told him. Oliver could hear the worry in her voice. "Do you know what happened?" "No, but i'll soon find out!" She said, angrily. "Oh momma, wait, slow your breathing." He replied. "Ugh!" "Sara." "Fine, I'm calm." "Ha! I don't believe that for a second, I'm coming too." Oliver started getting his things. "I'll see you there." he said, before hanging up.

When Sara got to the school, she started running in. "Hey! Hey, I'm here!" Oliver said, running up beside her. She grabbed his hand. And pulled him with her, like always.

"Alison! Oh my baby!" Sara said, embracing her daughter. "Mom!" Alison started crying. "Alex, do you know what happened?" Oliver asked. "Yeah, I was there." Alex looked down. "A boy started making fun of me, and pushed me down. So Alison punched him in the face." Sara looked into Alison's eyes, but she looked away. "How many times, son." Oliver asked. Alex looked at his sister. "It was my fault she was just trying to protect me." he replied.

"Son. How many times." Alex didn't reply. "I punched that jerk, 10 times. And I'm not sorry. He deserted it." "Oh Alison, no." Sara said, facepalming. Oliver crouched down in front of the young girl. "Well, it looks like he got one in too." He said, touching her black eye. Alex laughed. "Dad." Alison grabbed his hand. "That was me, I lost control and hit my own face." Oliver smiled. "Oh, well you gave yourself a shiner. Well, I have to talk to the Principal about the damage." Oliver got up, and walked out.

"Alison, I'm glad that you stood up for your brother, but that's not the way to beat a bully

"Alison, I'm glad that you stood up for your brother, but that's not the way to beat a bully." Sara finally said. "I know Mom, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." She said, tears running down her face.

"Well, you're going to apologize to the boy, then I'm taking you guys home. " Sara said, petting her head. "No! Please no. I don't want to see him again!" "Eh! NO Questions, you WILL say you are sorry. End of story." "Yes. Mom."

Oliver walked in again, "Ok so turns out that this is not the first time that boy got into a fight. But it is Alison's. So she will get detention, for a couple days, but that's it."

"Alison, Thank you. I don't know what would have happened to me if you weren't there." Alex said, then hugged his sister. Sara turned her head, she didn't want them to see her cry.

"Come on kids, let's go home." Oliver walked out, behind the kids. Sara watched them, then got up. Wiping the tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, after dinner.

Alison got out of the shower, and sat in front of her mom. "Mom, can you braid my hair?" Sara smiled. "Sure sweetie, scoot up." Sara sat behind her on the floor. She started playing with her hair. "Hey, Mom?" "Yes, dear." "How did you and Dad meet?" "Oh....." Sara started laughing. "What. What's so funny?" "Oh sorry, well actually I met him at the Subway." "Like-Like the sandwich shop?" "No!" Sara laughed again. "Oh! Wait- You really met dad at a subway station?" Sara smiled "Yes, then I asked to kiss him, how embarrassing!" "WAIT. WHAT!" Alison said, whipping around. "YOU DIDN"T!" "Haha! Yes dear, I did. He said No. Then we learned later that actually was my tutor, so even more awkward; OH and he was also my new neighbor."

"What! How in the world have I not heard this story?" Alison shook her head. "I don't know, I guess it never came up." Sara smiled. They stared at each other, then started laughing. "I want to hear the details!"