Chapter 9 - Insomnia

"DAD! Not THAT story!" Sara said, covering her face.  "Why dear? It's a great story!" Richard said, continuing. 

Oliver leaded over to whisper in his wife's ear. "Let your dad have his fun. He's not hurting anything, besides I love that story." He kissed her on her cheek. And went back eating his dinner.  Sara watches her dad tell the very embarrassing story. But she enjoyed it this time, the way the children just soaked it all up. She knows that they will mention it to her all the time now, but it doesn't matter. They are happy. All of them even Kara. 

"Auntie Sara, can I play on the Xbox?" Carla asked. Sara nodded. 

Sara walked into the kitchen and started cleaning up. Oliver walked over with the plates. "I'll do the dishes, go enjoy your father." He said, taking the towel from her. "Thanks hun, you are the best." Sara kissed him. She started walking away. And heard him say something under his breath, which made her blush heavily. But she tried to ignore it. 

"Dad. How are you doing, I mean health wise." Sara asked, sitting next to him on the couch. "Good!" He said, very pleased with himself. "DID YOU EVER SEEN A BIGGER-" "Ricky don't yell." Sara cut him off. "Sorry auntie!" He went back to watching Carla playing Minecraft. 

Carla saw Alex watched her. She got nervous. She started making mistakes. "You know Carla if you used your diamond pickaxe, it would work better." Alex said, saw that she was struggling.  Ricky looked confused, he knew that his sister was an expert at the game. Why was she acting like a newbie?

"Oops!" Carla said, messing up on purpose

"Oops!" Carla said, messing up on purpose. Alex smiled "Here let me help."  Ricky again, was super confused. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe got started awake because of his dream. He looked beside him, Vicky was still asleep. He gently put his hand on her, to get comfort. "It was just a dream…..but it wasn't." Joe felt tears fall from his eyes. It's terrifying to see the love of your life almost die. He stayed strong for her. But the trauma he got from watching Vicky getting ran over, still haunted him. 

Vicky woke up to Joe getting up, trying not to bother her. "Joe? What wrong babe?" She asked, ready to get up to walk over to him. But Joe walked back over to her. He sat on the bed. "I had that dream again, where I saw you get ran over." He said, looking out the window. "Oh hun, I'm here, I survived!" Vicky said, hugging him from behind. "But you don't in my dream, you….you always die." Joe looked down. "You always die. And I always lost my sanity." Joe turned around to look at her. "Victoria, you are the only one who knows me, really. And if I ever lost you, I don't know. You are my life." Vicky hugged him even tighter. "I'm...I'm not going anywhere, I'm here." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, this is weird, why does this baby not cry?" Patrick said, waking up for no reason. "I don't know! I woke up and checked on her like five times already. She's fine. Sleeping soundly." Tammy said, putting on her glasses again. Patrick got up and walked over to the crib. And touch the baby's face.

 "She's fine. Still sleeping. The parents are the problem now with the insomnia." He said, getting back in bed. Tammy laughed. "We are the reason WE are not sleeping." She laughed again. 

"Oh, you have no idea how much I missed that laugh

"Oh, you have no idea how much I missed that laugh. I hate leaving you for that long." He said, petting her hair. "Hey remember when you used to wear your hair in two braids everyday?"  He smiled. "Omg, of course! I'm so glad I grew out of that!" "Mh, why? You looked so cute." 

Patrick kissed her, and laid back down again. Tammy just stared at the wall. 'He liked the braids? Why?' She turned to him. "Hey, why?" Patrick turned over and looked at her. "Why, what?" "Why, did you like the braids?" "Like I said they were cute." "No, what the real answer." Patrick looked confused. "Why is this important to you all the sudden?" Tammy's eyes widened. "No reason, goodnight." "Oh ok, good night." Patrick turned over again. Now super confused now. Tammy wasn't ready to tell him that story yet.