24 - Johannes

Nao / Rosalin's Point of View

When I wake up next morning, it is to the sound of tower bells ringing in the distance. The sky outside is like cherry blossoms, and I can hear birds singing outside my window.

Right now, the horror of monsters seem so far away, that it all feels like a dream.

I look around the room from my top bunk, almost expecting Theodore to be standing and staring at me, but he's still laying quietly in the bunk bed, with his face all wrapped up in bandages.

I put a hand under my head while laying half over the side of the bed to stare at him.

It seems like my original plan of running away has been... at the very least delayed... I'm not sure whether that is a good thing, or a bad thing, but it does bring something to mind:

What am I going to do from now on?

First of all, the plan of running away north was half-baked and more like an emergency solution. Now where I've been 'captured' by Mia and her harem as some sort of symbol of luck, this option may be eradicated entirely... 

Then what do I do?

I can't really continue to ignore how much this world resembles a cliché game anymore either.

A team of heroes defeating the demon lord.

Even if the main character is a girl, doesn't this follow pretty close to a rpg game? You have the healer, the mage and some melee characters.

Plus, this skill system and the way it described itself in the beginning seems awfully modern. Would a native god of this world really 'coincidentally' make it like that?

...but at the same time, this isn't a game.

It's real.

The bodies are real, the fear, the anger and the pain is real. The people here aren't just puppets.

I don't want to fight.

Honestly, I don't want to get mixed up with Mia and her harem more than I am already. The way Mia always looks at me as though I'm wrong, and the way Wallis asked for my blood with glee in his eyes still sends shivers down my spine.

"What did she even want by going in here?"

It's not like I didn't notice her trying to wriggle out of telling the truth by wanting to talk with me about Theodore. Had she actually thought of him as a zombie then she shouldn't have blushed for any reason either.

"Well... she already has the prince and the others, so touching you would be unnecessary by all means... How does she even manage to make them all happy though?"

I sigh and shake my head a bit.

"That just leaves the letter that she was confused I didn't have..."

It could be Theodore's letter... but if it was Theodore's things she was looking for, then why not just ask if he's Theodore?

She's making this weirdly complicated. I don't want to think about it anymore right now. Even if I have the role of a villain or something in this game like setting, then me doing nothing should just make it easier anyway.

I shuffle back onto the bed properly, before getting down from the bunk bed and start getting ready for the day.

Theodore rolls over on his side too, following the usual procedure of shifting about like a normal person.

While I know he's a zombie, changing in front of him is still weird.

"Turn away."

He does, of course, and I strip out of the provided night gown. For them considering me a possible criminal, they sure have been nice with providing what I need. Even that which Mia wouldn't know about. They're still pretty of course, but that is manageable.