41 - Childhood Friends

Claudius' Point of View
Last Night

Mia has been in a relatively good mood since the incident with the blashemer. Her mood had dwindled so much after taking in that Rosalin girl, that I had begun to suspect something was going on between them, though Mia insisted there hadn't.

I glance to Henrietta, staring at the fireplace with that hidden little smile of hers.

"So, Henrietta. Why are you meeting so much with that servant girl? It's an amount that is unusual even for you."

She gives that fake plastered on smile in return.

"Are you calling me a philanderer, your highness? Though you're the one that invited said girl to your harem."

Johannes might be stupidly arrogant, but this one is too. A meathead with a good intuition.

"Don't dodge the question."

She sighs, and gives a light hearted shrug.

"Mia was hinting at me, not so lightly, to take interest in Rosalin, your highness."

I hold in a matching sigh, and massage the bridge of my nose in frustration.

Has Mia not made such suggestions to you?"

She has, and that's the problem. Don't ask me if a maid is cute. I heard her try to convince Wallis too.

What are you thinking, Mia?

Usually she at least tells us at least some of the plan, but now we are to take an interest in some girl she picked up, and run off to some ancient ruins in hope of talking to Seid?

To begin with, telling the maid to be a part of the 'harem' was only a test to see if she was going to try to get between Mia and I. If anything her reaction was the opposite.

That maid and I won't go together well. She doesn't like having control taken away from her. It's only a matter of time before she stops playing along with your game, Mia.

I've no intention of seducing her either. After all, I only want Mia.

I place the glass of conjac down on the table.

Until the new maid decides enough is enough, I'll have to make sure she is safe though.

"You'll be picking up the girl tomorrow. I don't want a repeat of that gobling fiasco. Morale is low enough already."

"As you wish, your highness."

"I'll keep an eye on Johannes."

I stand up.

If I could help it, then I'd have Mia to myself too, but it's quite clear with Mia, that it's everyone she's interested in, or no one.

It's frustrating.

I don't share well. Do i? Older brother?

"What will you do about Mia's wish?"

I look into the fire as well.