6 - Poisoned Delerium

The moment I thought that the poison was going light on me, pretty and blurry, blue lights started to appear everywhere- no, more like, weird fading lights surrounded the trees. It's not touchable, doesn't give heat or cold, but it's a kind of pretty blue color.

It's kind of cute.

"Do you need a hug?"

I stare at the big, blurry and shiny tree in front of me, and then wrap my arms around it with a dopey grin. Rubbing my face against the bumpy, melting yet silky bark. I might have a headache and be busy and stuff, but tree-san is feeling bad.

It's important to cheer people around you up!

Knighty stops up and stares at me blankly, like he's disapproving of my decision to hug the tree.

"You're too stiff! It's not like tree-san is a guy," I grumble at him.

Knighty has a light too. It's a lot brighter and clearer than the trees' though, and kind of all centered at its chest injury instead of all over him. Ah, wait, that's where Knighty's heart is supposed to be, right? Does that mean I light the fire in his heart?

"Are you jealous?"

I grin out at him, squeezing the tree tighter. As expected, Knighty, as always stays all quiet and pouty with me. I'm about to let go of the tree as the world shifts left, causing me to cling harder. The trees' lights squirm in the darkness, breathing with each other.

"The ground is moving a lot... earthquake?"

"Earthquake means... hide under table, or the... the centipede."

I stare blankly back where I came from and into the sky, where I faintly hear some low happy clacking and squeaky yelling in the distance: 'Na-o-sama! Come back and let me hug youuuuuuu' with its thousands of arms wriggling desperately and tears coming out of its glossy black eyes.

I let go of the tree and stumble towards Knighty, gripping onto his shoulders both to be serious, but also to not fall.

"We have to go. The bug is coming, Knighty!"

I don't want to hug the centipede! In what gap would my arms even go?! Knighty stands stiffly, so I take his hand and look up at the sky to find the light. It was the light I had to follow, right? It's all looking a bit dark up there though. It's way brighter and prettier here like heaven. Perhaps the lights in the light sky side is prettier!

"Let's go then, Knighty!" I start pulling him with me through the thickets.

I wobble through the bushes again with a happy hum and giggle, as I stare at the nature breathing around me. I also realized that the closer to the light sky we get, the less the forest looks like a surreal sort of blurry white night fog.

Also, there's pretty little twirling dots ahead.

So pretty~

Those weren't there before!

Immediately absorbed with excitement I pass through the blurry lights from the trees around me, and head towards the clear little lights dancing about or stiffly rising to the sky. The sound of water welcomes me, as I step out from the trees to a wide river.

The landscape in front of me is like something out of a painting. The trees on the other side of the river shine brightly with life all red way to their energetic leaves, but with the light not going beyond the shape of the tree... I think? Everything is still a bit off!

The ground has silvery straws of grass, and both in the air and on the ground are little bright lights moving like crawling and flying bugs. Creatures I, all of a sudden, felt like I had missed. It's like a million bright fireflies flying around like stars in the sky.