45 - Sibling Fight

Rosalin's Point of View

I feel Alice taking my hands in hers, her stare into my eyes filled with worry and hope at the same time. 

"Uhm, Miss Rosalin, would it be possible for me to learn the pattern you just made?"

Her lips quiver, and just from her expression, I can imagine may have died just before she could heal them. How bitter she must have been. I can imagine, just from how bitter she was, thinking of Mia not helping them.

What I just did, probably fills her with hope.

To have less people die in her hands.

"I think you should be able too. The shock probably requires uhm, blue mana, but the other part even those without any mana can do."

"I can?!"

I jolt and look to Azzo, whose eyes are widened with genuine shock. Then his gaze lowers, and he looks like his mind is going a few hundred miles an hour.

"Wait, can this be used for horses too?"

Ah, right, Azzo is a cavalryman.

"Yes, although I don't know the right way to massage the heart for horses."

"Massage the heart?"

Alice interjects this time.

This is pretty much like a full on interrogation now.

"Yes... since the heart stops beating the air from your lungs around the body, you need to breathe and beat their heart for them, so their brain doesn't get damaged from lack of air. Shocking the heart is, well, it's also just a try to shock it back into rhythm so it can beat on its own, if the massage doesn't do it... it's... not perfect, but... it's better than just giving up... the biggest disadvantage is that if they die from blood loss, then it doesn't work."

I press my lips together bitterly, but Alice squeezes her hand.

"That's fine! Healing potions can replace and replenish blood, but they can't bring people back to life to make use of it!"

Eh? They can replace blood?

But they also work as preservatives for taxidermy?

Alice smiles.

"I see... after all these years, where the people in the south had been shunned by the church, they found other ways to help each other. To think we could help each other like this."

Her eyes soften, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable. Shunned? I think they said something about me being from the south was obvious from my hair color.

But... there's a bigger problem... Mia would recognize what I did in an instant.

I didn't really think before doing this, but Mia would definitely know the moment she hears or sees this.

"I don't mind teaching you... but could you keep this pattern thing... everything just happened secret? and don't call me saintess..."

"Of course, Miss," says the farmers.

"I'll keep your secret, Rosalin," answers Alice

"As you wish, milady," responds Azzo.

Alice glances to Azzo, but doesn't say anything.

It feels a bit weird being called a lady though. I don't feel that fancy.

Still, about the pattern... I glance to the side, seeing a small pop up just standing there in the background with a spinning circle on it like a loading screen.