50 - Hatred

Nao / Rosalin's Point of View

My body fills with nausea at the sight of the guts almost exploding over me from the force the minotaur used, and an eerie feeling of guilt makes my hands tremble, at the confirmation that my words can do something like that.

That my words are now weapons that can make someone take their own life... or unlife... but at the same time, my role in this world became so much clearer.

Why I'm here, and what the gods probably want me to do...

Because undead have been raised by someone.

I close my eyes for a moment, and as I open them, I notice the goblin looking at me with worry in its eyes. Not sure whether to reach for me or not. Despite seeing me making another 'demon' kill itself.

"I'm okay. I just- need a moment to understand what happened."

Or at least I'd like to have it.

I would have liked to.

I look behind me where red light shines ominously through the dark woods. Above the trees bright blood red column of sparkling flames swirls, ripping everything in its path... and with it, a cacophony of screams echo through the forest.

The goblin looks towards it as well, and trembles... because the pillar is coming closer from behind the trees.

I get up.

As long as it's another undead, I'll be fine. But-

"You should run."

I look to the goblin, while wiping blood off of my face.

It seems like whether it's an undead, or one of Mia's companions, or Mia herself, they'll probably try to kill the goblin.

The goblin, however, grabs my sleeve and pulls at it.

"Ro"

"Iu u"

It calls to me desperately, while tugging me away from the pillar.

I notice the body of another goblin being swirled up into the air by the flames high in the air, and its body burns apart in seconds.

What happened while I was gone?

I back away from the flames, not wanting to be too close at least, when a gloved hand is put against the tree where the goblin and I had been hiding... and Theodore appears as the middle of the pillar...

A screech of fear escapes the goblin that now tugs harder, even dropping its basket.

I look up at the pillar.

It's the size of a three story building! Theodore's aura wasn't that big before.

Is this because of those notifications? I look over Theodore, as he slowly, and much more like a movie zombie, limps towards me.

His foot points the wrong way completely, white bone sticks out from his boot. Even in the other, an axe is lodged into it, like he didn't bother to remove it. His armor and shirt leaks blue from his stomach and side, where the entire side of his body seems to be crushed in like an aluminum can you've squished in your hands. His shoulder... the other shoulder than the one he's holding onto the tree with, is hanging in the skin from his hip, dragging along the ground, while still grabbing onto the disappearing eye of a minotaur. Leaving a boiling mana of mana behind him. Several bites have been taken out of it, missing completely.

As he looks at the goblin, I can see the back and front of his helmet is bashed in, probably from them trying to destroy the magic connection.

I can feel the goblin shake, as it takes my hand. Clearly terrified of Theodore.