If I don't know, I don't trust

If it weren't for Merve, Selin would have fallen. Her vision became blurred and her head became dizzy. Her arms totally lost strength and her body started to fall backwards. She felt her throat go dry and her stomach felt sick again. If this was some kind of joke, she had no fun.

— Burak! — Nil scolded the man, pushing him away from Selin sharply.

She and Merve put Selin to bed again. The girl started to convulse and sweat cold. Nil pressed the button that called the nurse and as soon as one of them entered the room ordered her to prepare a sedative.

Selin's head weighed several tons and hurt so much that she didn't think she could stand it much longer. She felt her heart tighten inside her chest, as if an invisible hand was trying to pull it out.

No longer able to bear to see her friend in that situation, Merve took long, heavy steps towards Burak and opened the bedroom door by pushing him out. The two stood face to face in the corridor that was empty at that hour. The doctor's anger and indignation were visible.

— What did you think you were doing, Burak? — Blustered Merve, not worrying whether or not she would catch anyone's attention. — Gerçek için. Do you realize what you did? How dare you enter MY patient's room and say that you are her doctor? Worse, how dare you lie that Demir Bey no longer works at this hospital?

— Merve, sakin ol. It was a decision of the Director of the Hospital to place me as the doctor responsible for your friend. He thinks that you are not capable of being professional, and apparently he is not wrong. — Burak was unable to hide the satisfaction he felt in saying those words. — As for Demir, I didn't tell any lies, he really doesn't work here anymore. You can ask him the next time you two meet.

— Do you really think you fool me? — Asked Merve. — We've worked together for a long time, Burak. I know exactly how you play. You have always been used to being the center of attention, to being the best, the most praised. You were unable to endure when Demir arrived and he did not want to be one of those who feared you for your father's influence.

— Merve, bunu yapma. Take a deep breath and pay close attention to what you are talking about. — Burak asked sweetly. — It is no secret to anyone in this hospital that he was sent away because of his inappropriate behavior with Selin. I must even admit that I was taken aback by this news.

Yalancı! — Shouted Merve, pointing a finger at his face. — You know very well that this is not true! — She was furious, she wanted to strangle Burak right there. — By the way, you can stop at this theater. Do not think that I will let you continue using my friend in your disgusting plan.

— There is no plan. — He denied smiling. — Tamam, I admit that I always had a feeling of rivalry for Doctor Erendil. — The elegant and covert way in which Burak addressed Merve only served to further increase the anger she was feeling. — But I have nothing to do with his leaving this hospital.

— I know you started the rumors about Demir taking advantage of Selin. — Merve said categorically. — I know it was you who called Ekram Bey the night Selin had that crisis.

— I really assume I called my dad that night. — Burak confessed. — But, Merve, the only person who has used your friend is Demir Erendil. I'm trying to protect Selin from him. Don't be unfair.

— Protect Selin? — The angry doctor shouted. — Making her have a new crisis? You are not protecting her! You're hurting her!

— Me?! Burak snorted. — Excuse me, Merve, but it wasn't me that hid from her that I was leaving the hospital.

— Of course, it's Demir's fault! — Mocked Merve. — He should have come into the room and said he wouldn't be her doctor anymore because a nasty worm like you lied to the whole hospital saying he was harassing her, right?