Sometime

Demir should have noticed that something was wrong from the moment he came across Burak and his superb smile in the hall. The conversation full of acid hints would not exist without a reason. But he didn't notice. His mind was too busy imagining Selin's reaction to knowing that she was going home. He couldn't deny that he was a little jealous that he was no longer responsible for giving her such news, but he was extremely pleased to still be able to be part of that moment.

Ever since Merve had sought him out to discuss Selin's discharge, he had made some plans. The conversation with his friend still reverberated in his ears, he wanted to be for Selin what she wanted him to be, but for that he couldn't just confess his feelings to her. He would try to be part of her life as much as he was allowed, if he would be willing to do whatever she wanted, show her how much he cared and, if at any point he got up the courage, he would finally open every inch of his heart to her.

He could still hear Vedat's laughter saying that only a fool would not see how much he was in love with her, especially after seeing him walk around the hospital with a bouquet full of tulips of all colors. Demir didn't know what Selin's favorite flowers were, he hadn't found the right time to ask.

His suspicions fell on the orchids because they were the flowers that İbo had ordered from Vedat. But, also, they could be roses since, according to the videos of Selin's presentations that were on the internet, these were the flowers that Ayda always delivered to her at the end of each performance.

Regardless of what they were, Demir knew she would love it. Selin was a cheerful, fun, and most importantly, lively person. She had gone through a difficult phase, but she was already taking great steps to improve. Her desire to overcome her own limits was what gave her strength to wake up every day, she was learning to look for new reasons to smile and he wanted to help her find them. So when her eyes landed on all those flowers of all colors together, he knew she was going to smile.

As a result, it didn't matter what Burak said or what he implied. His bitter words were nothing close to Selin's sincere and warm smile. Having that engraved in his mind, Demir continued to pay no attention to anything else that was happening around him.

His heart was beating so fast that he could hear it, maybe that was why the absence of any sign of noise in the hallway went unnoticed by him as he approached Selin's room.

Through the crack in the door, he saw Selin. Her face had a different expression than he had imagined. She didn't look happy or surprised. Her gaze was in a way that Demir never imagined it would be able to stay in, Selin was completely hurt, her heart had certainly been broken.

His desire to know who had been responsible for causing her so much pain, prevented him from seeing how Nil held her breath when she saw him walk through the door and how Selin seemed willing to turn him into an ice statue with just one look.

Uzaklaş Demir. — Selin's words seemed to have come out with the sole purpose of reaching Demir's heart like a sharp knife, tearing every tiny bit of it. — I don't want to see you ever again.

Demir did not know how to react. His legs wobbled and he felt that he was going to fall the moment he processed what she had said. The room's atmosphere seemed to have changed completely. It was no longer the same place where he heard her talking about everything and nothing during the night until sleep hit her. It wasn't where his hands caressed hers.

All those nights, all those moments, seemed to be gone. This was not the place where he had let his lips land dangerously close to her lips, it couldn't be. But the one in front of him was still the same girl who called his name in the middle of the night.